Do you love baking desserts and all things scary? This recipe for easy box cake mix Halloween cupcakes is likely right up your alley! Spooky treats to munch on while passing out candy or snuggled up watching horror movies! They kind of look like zombie brains too!
You can easily make these two toned swirled frosting cupcakes with a few simple items. All you need is an angled spatula, disposable piping bags, decorating tips, a large mixing bowl, and a stand mixer.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Why You Will Love Them
- Quick and easy made with box cake mix
- No baking skill required
- No frost decorating skills required either!
- Super tasty
- Cool and fun colors for the haunted season
- Spooky zombie brain vibes
- Perfect for chocolate lovers
What Tools Do You Need For Easy Halloween Cupcakes?
- Angled Spatula
- 1 – 16-Inch Disposable Piping Bags
- 2 – 12-Inch Disposable Decorating Bags
- Decorating Tips
- 2 or 3 Large mixing bowls – for mixing the frosting and the cupcake batter
- Stand mixer – or a hand mixer
- Cupcake pan & liners
What Ingredients Do You Need For These Spooky Halloween Treats?
- 1 box chocolate cake mix – any brand is fine but definitely use chocolate!
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Black frosting
- 1 cup Blue frosting
- Eyeball candies
- Sprinkles – I used skull shaped and spooky colored sprinkles also
How Do You Make Spooky Cupcakes?
- Combine the cake box mix according to its directions
- Let them rest before frosting
- How To Make 2 – Toned Frosting Swirl:
- Prepare the 16-inch with a tip
- Fill two 12-inch bags separately – one with blue and one with black
- Cut the tips off the bags and place both bags inside the 16 inch decorating bag
- Twist and secure the tops of all the bags
- Frost by making squiggly back and forth lines
Now you are ready to make the best easy Halloween cupcakes with zombie frosting!