Choosing Amazon was a simple choice for our baby registry since it was so easy to use for our wedding registry. There are a lot of different registry options but this seemed like the simplest for me. I also had learned about the free welcome box they give you and made sure that I completed the steps to get ours.
Benefits of Setting Up Your Baby Registry Through Amazon
The main benefits of setting up our baby registry through Amazon were that it is simple and almost everyone has used Amazon before so it’s really easy for others. In addition to convenience, Amazon provides other benefits when you register with them. You can check out their benefits page here.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Amazon notes the following as benefits of registering with them:
- Registry completion discount
- Free welcome box
- Diaper fund
- Universal registry
- Large selection of items
- Easy, extended returns
- Group gifting
Create Your Baby Registry on Amazon
- Shop Amazon – Create an Amazon Baby Registry” target=”_blank”>Click this link to go directly to Amazon’s Baby Registry section to get started.
- Select “Create a new Baby Registry”
3. You’ll need to fill out a questionnaire next. Enter your expected due date and your address (if accepting deliveries directly). There are a few decisions you will need to make at this point as well. Do you want to register for gift cards? A diaper fund? Do you want to allow others to pitch in together on gifts over a certain value? Select the privacy of your registry next. I suggest public but shared also works if you are going to send a link to friends and family. Amazon also has email opt ins and then you are finished.
How to Get Your Free Baby Registry Welcome Box
Once you have created your baby registry, Amazon does have some additional requirements you need to meet before you can receive your welcome box.
- You need to be an Amazon Prime member. You can get a Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial” target=”_blank” rel=”noreferrer noopener”> free 30 day trial here.
- You need to complete 60% of the registry checklist. You can find the checklist under the main baby registry section or click here.
- You can either manually click off things that you already have or don’t need from the checklist. Otherwise, as you shop on Amazon and add things to your registry, they will check off the sections for you.
- There needs to be a purchase of at least $10 from your registry.
- You can easily do this by adding something small to your registry and purchasing. Or, if you wait until you send your registry to others, you can get the welcome box after someone else makes a purchase.
- Once you are eligible for the free welcome box, you will see a “redeem now” button on the welcome box page. Please note that your purchase of at least $10 needs to be shipped before this option will become available to you.
Get Help With Your Free Amazon Welcome Box
Amazon has a few pages that can help if you are having trouble getting your welcome box for free. There are a lot of steps and it can be somewhat confusing. This page has some FAQs that are very helpful. The most common question I’ve seen is “Why isn’t my welcome box free?”. This is almost always because people have not signed up for Amazon Prime, did not complete 60% of the checklist, or did not make at least a $10 purchase that has shipped.
You can Also Purchase the Amazon Welcome Box
If you don’t want to sign up for the registry, become a Prime member, etc. you do have the option to just purchase the baby welcome box. You can also check out the reviews and details of the box.
How to Share Your Baby Registry With Friends and Family
From your main registry page, you’ll see a menu option called “Share”. Once you’ve clicked “Share” you’ll be taken to a page with a link to share with your friends and family.