Animal Cookie Crumbl Copycat Recipe
Crumbl Cookies are all the rage and for good reason! But you can save a pretty penny making them at home with recipes like this Animal Cookie copycat recipe!
Crumbl Cookies is a bakery brand created in 2017. They have become super popular inspiring many copycat homemade recipes. What they are most known for are their super sweetness and thick gooey texture.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
There’s a few tricks to make sure these thick soft cookies hold their shape:
- Use shortening instead of oil or butter.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 3 or more hours or overnight at best.
- Chill the cookie sheet too.
- Use parchment paper instead of greasing the pan
- Refrigerate the frosting before decorating so it doesn’t run.
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- Beater Sticks
- 2 Large Cookie Sheet Pans
- Parchment Paper
- Spatula (for scraping sides if mixing bowl)
- Plastic Wrap (for chilling cookie dough)
- Medium Ice Cream Scoop
Ingredients For Animal Cookie Crumbl Copycat Recipe
- strawberry cake mix – any brand or flavor is fine as long as it is pink.
- shortening (room temperature) – do not substitute for butter if you really want the big thick shape.
- 2 eggs
- pink frosting – Im not great at piling so I use the pre-pipped containers.
- white frosting
- Frosted Animal Cookies – break them apart with your hands instead of using a food processor to keep the frosting in tact.
How Do You Make DIY Crumbls?
- Combine cake mix and shortening in a large mixing bowl and beat until combined.
- Add in the eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add the crushed animal cookies and fold until they are evenly dispersed.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours.
- Set the cookie sheet in there too (helps prevent the giant cookies from spreading.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Line cookie sheet pan with parchment paper
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop dough onto pan
- Bake them for 12-15 minutes
- Allow to rest before chilling in the refrigerator
- Frost and decorate!
Recipes you may also like: