European table olives have become a gastronomic trend thanks to the versatility of formats and preparations capable of making a difference in the kitchen, also on Halloween. Table olives have many varieties: Manzanilla, Hojiblanca, Queen, stuffed with Pimiento … Also are a star food of the healthy Mediterranean Diet that fit with the preparation of easy and appetizing dishes, capable of making a difference during a very special day for the grown-ups and children.
Halloween mini pizzas with olives
These chilling mini pizzas made with two favorite European olive varieties will delight the young and adults on Halloween.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Halloween Mini Pizza
- 3 oz. Manzanilla olives
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp. yeast
- Melting cheese
- Tomato paste
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cut some of the olives into slices and leave some whole.
- In a bowl add the flour reserving a couple of tablespoons to fatten and handle the dough at the end. Make a volcano and mix the water with the dissolved yeast. Mix with the help of a wooden spoon
- As the dough is bounding, we incorporate the olive oil and the salt. Then, start hand kneading. On the kitchen table, sprinkle some flour and knead for 10 minutes, stretching and making braids and putting them together again. This helps the dough to be homogeneous. If necessary, add a little more flour, the dough should not stick to the hands, but it shouldn’t leave a trace of flour either. Let stand for 1 hour, wetting the surface with a little olive oil, so that the dough does not dry.
- Once the dough is fermented, make small balls and crush them with your hand. Also, stretch the whole dough and cut with a cooking ring
- Add a little tomato paste and use different toppings.
- Bake at 350º F for 6 minutes, until the cheese melts.