When I went vegan I had to learn what’s vegan at Cafe Rio. I’ve listed it all out in this post for you.
Their menu has burritos, salads, enchiladas, tacos, quesadillas, tostadas, nachos, tortilla soup, appetizers, desserts, and drinks.
Cafe Rio has a veggie info page on their site that gives some help with what to order.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Related Content: Costa Vida Vegan Options
The following menu items are vegan and dairy free according to their allergen info:
- Crunchy corn tortilla
- 6″ corn tortilla
- Flour tortillas (ask for no margarine)
- Wheat tortillas (ask for no margarine)
- Black beans
- Pinto beans
- Tortilla chip strips
- Tortilla chips
- Cilantro lime dressing
- Pico de gallo
- Salsa fresca
Sadly, their cilantro lime rice contains dairy. I’m hoping this changes in the future! Also, they don’t have any vegan cheese or sour cream.
These are some vegan meal suggestions you can order:
- Vegetarian salad with no margarine on tortilla, black beans, lettuce, pico de gallo, chip strips, guacamole, lime, and cilantro lime dressing
- Vegetarian tacos with pinto beans, lettuce, salsa fresca, and guacamole
- Vegetarian tostada with a corn tortilla, pinto beans, lettuce, pico de gallo, salsa fresca, tortilla strips, cilantro, and cilantro lime dressing
Cafe Rio is a fast casual Mexican restaurant. They usually make the food pretty fast, but during busy times it can take a while. They have a lot of locations.