This Easy Halloween Zombie Sugar Cookie Recipe is the best spooky dessert! Follow these step by step directions to frost the faces. Don’t forget the fun bloody eyeball candies.
Ingredients Needed For Halloween Zombie Cookie Recipe
- Flour – sifted
- Powdered Sugar – sifted
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla Extract
- Green Frosting
- Pink Frosting
- Red or Darker Pink Frosting
- Chocolate Frosting
- Orange Frosting
- Bloody Eyeball Sprinkles
- Second Sprinkles – optional
How To Frost This Halloween Dessert?
- Make sure your cookies are fully chilled and your frosting is properly pipped.
- Use the green to make long drags of frosting across 3/4 of the cookie.
- Take the light pink frosting and make short up and down drags in the empty space at the top of the cookies.
- Accent the brain with the red frosting.
- Use the chocolate to make one X for one eye and a squiggle for the mouth.
- Add some orange highlights to make the eye and brain pop.
- Add The bloody eyeball candy and various sprinkles.
Directions for Easy Halloween Zombie Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Beat the shortening and powdered sugar before adding in the egg and vanilla extract
- Beat in the flour, baking soda, and salt until smooth
- Wrap the dough and chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator
- Portion the dough in ¼ cup portions and set on parchment lined cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
- Chill the cookies before frosting
- Green frosting is for the face
- Pink and red is for the brains
- Brown is for the mouth and one eye
- Orange frosting is for adding texture/contract color
If you like these Halloween cookies you may also like:
- Mini Shamrock Pizza – Easy St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- Lucky Charms Cookies – St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- Large Party Group Games for All Ages
- Homemade Oreo Cupcakes With Oreo Buttercream
- St Patrick’s Day Themed Cupcakes
Check out my shop for content.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.