Craving the savory goodness of a restaurant-style meal from the comfort of your own kitchen? Look no further than Ihop Steak Tip Recipe!
In this blog, we’ll tantalize your taste buds with a culinary delight – the IHOP Steak. IHOP, famous for its mouthwatering breakfasts, has a hidden gem on its menu, and we’re here to spill the beans on how to recreate it at home.
Whether you’re a seasoned home chef or just starting your culinary journey, this recipe is sure to impress. So, grab your apron and let’s dive into the world of IHOP-inspired steak tips.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Ingredients Required for Ihop Steak Tip Recipe
- 2-3 pounds of sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or a similar high-heat cooking oil)
Equipment & Tools Required
- Sharp Knife
- Measuring Spoons
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Let’s Make Ihop Steak Tip Step by Step
Step-01: Begin by cutting the steak into bite-sized cubes, roughly an inch in size. Ensure clean and even cuts to make the steak more flavorful.
Step-02: Add the seasoning mixture. In a bowl, combine 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, ½ teaspoon of garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon of black pepper, 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
Step-03: Use tongs to toss the steak cubes. Let them marinate for 15 to 20 minutes. This time allows the seasonings to infuse the meat with incredible taste.
Step-04: Heat a large skillet over high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add about two tablespoons of avocado oil, ensuring it evenly coats the surface.
Step-05: Add those marinated steak tips to the hot skillet. Make sure to stir them occasionally to promote even cooking. The inside will cook differently from the outside, so stirring is essential to achieving a perfect crust and doneness.
Step-06: In just about 10 minutes, your steak tips will be cooked to perfection. Each bite will be bursting with flavor, tender on the inside, and beautifully browned on the outside.
Serve and Enjoy!!!
Please watch the provided video for a more comprehensive understanding.
Serving Ideas for Ihop Steak Tip
1. Steak Tip Salad: Toss the steak tips with a mix of fresh greens, cherry tomatoes, red onions, and your favorite vinaigrette for a hearty and satisfying salad.
2. Steak Tip Sandwich: Pile the steak tips into a crusty baguette or hoagie roll, add some caramelized onions, peppers, and a drizzle of creamy horseradish sauce for a mouthwatering steak sandwich.
3. Steak Tip Bowl: Create a hearty steak bowl by serving the tips over cooked quinoa, rice, or cauliflower rice, and add sautéed vegetables. Top with your choice of sauce, such as chimichurri or a creamy garlic sauce.
4.Steak Tip and Egg Breakfast: Enjoy your steak tips for breakfast by pairing them with sunny-side-up or scrambled eggs. It’s a hearty start to the day.
5. Loaded Baked Potato: Serve the steak tips alongside a loaded baked potato. Top the potato with sour cream, chives, shredded cheddar cheese, and crispy bacon bits. It’s a hearty and comforting meal.
6. Steak Tip Tacos: Fill soft tortillas with your steak tips and your favorite taco toppings like salsa, shredded lettuce, cheese, and sour cream for a Tex-Mex twist.
7. Steak Tip Pita Pockets: Stuff warm pita bread with steak tips, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and a dollop of tzatziki sauce for a Mediterranean-inspired meal.
8. Steak Tip Fajitas: Cook bell peppers and onions alongside the steak tips and serve them with warm tortillas, guacamole, and salsa for a flavorful fajita feast.
Some tips for Ihop Steak Tip Recipe
1. Use a Sharp Knife: When cutting the sirloin steak into cubes, use a sharp knife. This ensures clean cuts and even-sized pieces, which will help the marinade penetrate more effectively.
2. Marinate for Flavor: Let the steak cubes marinate for at least 15-20 minutes. This allows the seasonings to infuse the meat, enhancing the overall flavor. If you have more time, marinating for a longer period can intensify the taste.
3. Preheat the Skillet: Make sure your skillet is very hot before adding the oil and steak. A hot skillet ensures a good sear, sealing in the juices and flavor. You’ll know it’s ready when the oil shimmers and sizzles upon contact.
4. Stir Occasionally: While cooking the steak tips, stir them occasionally with tongs. This helps ensure even cooking and browning. The inside and outside of the cubes will cook differently, so frequent stirring is essential for consistent results.
5. Don’t Overcook: Be mindful of cooking time. Overcooking can result in tough and dry steak tips. Aim for a perfect sear on the outside while keeping the inside tender and juicy. About 10 minutes should be sufficient, but you can adjust based on your desired level of doneness.
6. Customize the Seasoning: Feel free to adjust the seasonings to your taste. If you prefer a spicier flavor, add a pinch of red pepper flakes. You can also experiment with different herbs and spices to make it your own.
7. Rest Before Serving: Let the cooked steak tips rest for a few minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, ensuring a juicy and flavorful bite.
In this blog, we’ve unlocked the secrets to crafting a delectable IHOP Steak Tip Recipe that will have your family and friends raving about your culinary skills. From selecting the best cuts of meat to marinating them to perfection and achieving that irresistible smoky flavor, we’ve covered it all.
Recreating the magic of IHOP in your own kitchen is not only cost-effective but also a rewarding culinary adventure. So, next time you’re yearning for that restaurant-quality meal, skip the reservation and fire up your grill.
With this recipe in your arsenal, you’re well on your way to becoming a grill master and treating yourself to IHOP-inspired steak tips anytime you please. Enjoy!
FAQs on Ihop Steak Tip Recipe
Here are some commonly asked questions and their short answers on Ihop Steak Tip Recipe
1. Does IHOP have steak tips?
Yes, IHOP offers a delicious Steak Tips dish on its menu.
2. How are steak tips made?
Steak tips are typically made by marinating bite-sized pieces of steak in a flavorful sauce, then grilling or pan-searing them until they are cooked to your desired level of doneness.
3. What cut of meat is a IHOP steak tip?
Steak tips are usually cut from various beef cuts, such as sirloin, tri-tip, or flank steak. These cuts are flavorful and tender when prepared correctly.
4. How to make IHOP steak tips at home?
To make steak tips at home, start by marinating bite-sized steak pieces in your preferred marinade (often including ingredients like soy sauce, garlic, and spices). Then, grill or sear them in a hot pan until they reach your desired level of doneness.
5. What is the typical marinade for IHOP steak tips?
The specific marinade used at IHOP may vary, but it often includes a combination of soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, brown sugar, and various seasonings for a savory and slightly sweet flavor.
6. Can I order steak tips at IHOP for breakfast?
IHOP usually serves steak tips as part of their lunch and dinner menu, so they may not be available for breakfast.
7. What sides are typically served with IHOP steak tips?
IHOP usually serves steak tips with a choice of sides like mashed potatoes, rice, or vegetables. The exact sides may vary by location.
8. Are IHOP steak tips gluten-free?
IHOP’s steak tips may not be gluten-free due to the marinade ingredients. If you have dietary restrictions, it’s best to inquire with the restaurant about gluten-free options.
9. Do IHOP steak tips come in different flavors or varieties?
Some IHOP locations may offer different flavors or variations of steak tips, such as teriyaki or barbecue, depending on their menu options.
10. What is the recommended cooking time for IHOP steak tips?
Cooking times for steak tips can vary based on their thickness and your desired level of doneness. Generally, they should be cooked for 4-6 minutes per side for medium-rare to medium, but it’s best to use a meat thermometer to ensure they reach your preferred internal temperature.
We always appreciate you taking the time to read this article, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon for more culinary explorations. Stay Connected with celebrateandhavefun. Happy Cooking!