Get ready to elevate your dessert game with the ultimate recipe for Jim N Nicks Chocolate Cream Pie. This recipe is a true labor of love, featuring only the freshest, highest-quality ingredients, and a step-by-step process that will guide you through the creation of this chocolatey masterpiece.
From the flaky, buttery crust, to the rich and creamy chocolate custard filling, every component of this pie is crafted with care to deliver a truly indulgent experience. The recipe includes a homemade chocolate custard filling, and a crust that is made with all-butter pastry dough for a rich and buttery flavor.
This recipe is perfect for those special occasions, or for impressing your friends and family. But be warned, once you’ve made this pie, you may never be able to go back to store-bought versions again.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
So gather your ingredients, roll up your sleeves, and get ready to experience the ultimate chocolate cream pie recipe, Jim ‘N Nick’s style. You also can another pie recipe called Ana’s Special Ube Buko Pie Recipe
Ingredients Required for Jim N Nicks Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
- 9-inch pie crust, homemade or store bought, cooked and cooled
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (125 ml)
- 1-2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate shavings
Tools That You Will Need
- 9-inch pie dish
- rolling pin
- large mixing bowl
- whisk or hand mixer
- measuring cups and spoons
- large saucepan
- spatula or wooden spoon
- pastry cutter or fork
- aluminum foil or parchment paper (for blind baking the crust)
- pie weights or dry beans (for blind baking the crust)
- plastic wrap
- cooling rack
How to bake Jim N Nicks Chocolate Cream Pie
Begin with the crust
- Mix all ingredients: In a mixing bowl, mix 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup melted butter.
- Make dough: Add cold water gradually, stirring each time, until you can press it together. Then make a dough, roll it, and make it thick enough to be ready for the pie crust.
- Pie crust decorate: Roll out so that it is slightly larger than a 9? pie plate. Press into the pie plate and up the sides. Try to get as high up the sides as you can as the pie crust may shrink when it bakes. Fold the excess pastry over and tuck it underneath to form a thick edge, crimping or decorating as desired.
- Final process for crust: Poke the bottom and the sides with a fork all over to help prevent puffing. Place a piece of parchment into the pie crust and weigh down with pie weights or dried beans — this will prevent shrinking.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until light golden brown. If desired, remove pie weights and bake until the bottom of the crust is light golden brown, 5-6 minutes.
Set aside to cool while you make the filling (let cool for at least 10 minutes).
Make the pudding:
- Mix all pudding ingredients: In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of cornstarch, and 1/4 cup of cocoa powder. Slowly add 2 cups of milk and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tsp of vanilla extract and 1 cup of chopped dark chocolate.
- Pour: Pour the pudding into the cooled crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours,. but a good 6-8 hours is minimum. We want it completely set.
Making the whipped cream:
- Combine all: Combine cream, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer (or whisk by hand). Next, spread whipped cream over the chilled pie.
- Decorate: Top with chocolate shavings as desired.
Some Special Tips and Tricks for Your Jim N Nicks Chocolate Cream Pie
When making the Jim N Nicks Chocolate Cream Pie recipe, there are a few tips and tricks to keep in mind to ensure the best results:
- For the crust, be sure to use chocolate wafer cookies and not chocolate graham crackers, as they will provide the perfect texture and flavor.
- Use high-quality chocolate for the filling, as this will greatly impact the overall taste of the pie.
- When making the whipped cream, be sure to chill the bowl and the beaters in the freezer for at least 15 minutes before using. This will help to thicken the cream and make it easier to whip.
- Be sure to refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours before serving, as this will allow the filling to set and the flavors to meld together.
- To serve, you can garnish the top of the pie with a sprinkle of cocoa powder or some chocolate shavings for an added touch of elegance.
Jim N Nicks Chocolate Cream Pie is a luxurious Southern dessert that is sure to be the highlight of any gathering. The combination of flavors is sure to delight even the most discerning palate and leave the eater wanting more.
Whether it be for a party, family gathering, or just a quiet night in, this classic dessert is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser that will bring an unforgettable sweetness to any celebration.
Some Commonly asked questions about Jim N Nicks Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
1. Can I make the Jim ‘N Nick’s chocolate cream pie with a store-bought crust?
Yes, you can use a store-bought crust for the recipe, however it may not have the same flavor and texture as the crust used in the original Jim ‘N Nick’s recipe.
2. How do I store the chocolate cream pie?
It is recommended to store the chocolate cream pie in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap or foil. It should be consumed within 3-4 days.
3. Can I make the chocolate custard filling with milk instead of cream?
Yes, you can make the chocolate custard filling with milk instead of cream, but it may not be as rich and creamy as the original recipe.
4. Can I use dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate for the pie?
Yes, you can use dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate for the pie, but it will give a more intense chocolate flavor and may be less sweet. Adjust the sugar accordingly.
Let us know how you enjoyed the cake in the comment section and follow us on Social Media of celebrateandhavefun for all recipe related posts.