Mickey Mouse Tie Dye Valentine Cookies
If you’re needing a simple recipe for this Valentine’s Day, then check out these Mickey Mouse Tie Dye Valentine Cookies! They’re really great for the holiday and only rely on a few basic ingredients. To top it all off, they look fabulous.
These Tie-Dye Sugar Valentine Cookies are so vibrant and loveable. You’ll want to have them on hand for whatever way you decide to celebrate the Holiday. They’re the perfect addition to any classroom bash, or just because.
Mickey Mouse Tie Dye Valentine Cookies Recipe
Mickey Mouse Tye Dye Valentine Cookies
These Mickey Mouse Tye Dye Valentine Cookies are simple to make and the colors turn out great. Check out these groovy cookies for Valentine's Day!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
- 3 C flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 C white sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted sweet cream butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Red and black food coloring
- 1 C ghirardelli white chocolate melting wafers
- Valentine's Day sprinkles
- 1-2in mickey mouse shaped cookie cutter
- 1 disposable piping bag
1. Add butter and sugar to a large bowl.
2. With an electric mixer cream the two together for five minutes.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the bowl
4. Beat to combine.
5. In a second bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together.
6. Add the butter mixture in with the dry ingredients. Mix well.
7. Divide the cookie dough into three bowls
8. Add several drops of red food coloring to one bowl.
9. Use your hands to blend the color throughout the dough.
10. Add several drops of black food coloring to the second bowl.
11. With your hands work to blend the black food coloring throughout this bowl of cookie dough.
12. Cut three sheets of parchment paper about 13 in x 11 in.
13. Lay one side of parchment paper on the counter.
14. Put the red colored ball of cookie dough on the center of the parchment paper.
15. Cover with another piece of parchment paper.
16. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to 11 in x 9 in about ¼ inches thick.
17. Transfer the parchment paper-covered cookie dough onto a cookie sheet.
18. Repeat this process for the black cookie dough.
19. Repeat this process again with the non-colored cookie dough
20. Transfer each cookie sheet of cookie dough to the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to harden up
21. Place one layer of cookie dough onto the counter and remove the top sheet of parchment paper
22. Sprinkle a few drops of water on top to create a ‘glue’
23. Place the second layer of cookie dough on top, it doesn't matter which color dough goes on top
24, Place the last layer of dough on top
25, Take a knife and trim the dough into an even rectangle
26, Take one side, lengthwise, and roll the dough into a tight log
27, Place into the fridge for an hour
28, Remove the dough and preheat the oven to 350 degrees
29, Cut 1/2in round slices from the log and lay them onto the cookie sheet
If the cookie cutter is bigger than the round slice, gently flatten the dough to make it big enough to fit the cookie-cutter
30. Cut mickey mouse shape out of the dough rounds and place onto the cookie sheet
31. Repeat until all rounds have been cutout
32. Bake in the oven for 10-13 minutes or until a light brown
33. Remove and allow to cool
34. Melt the white chocolate in a microwave bowl and spoon into the piping bag
Cut the tip and pipe an outline around the shape of the mickey cookie
35. Cover with the Valentine’s Day nonpareils sprinkles
36. Allow to harden before enjoying!
Don't let the number of steps stop you from making these cookies. It's just broken down into simple steps for you!
I put the process pictures in this Valentine cookie recipe.
It had quite a few steps and I wanted you to see the photos within it.
I did this in hopes you saw that the recipe was indeed easy to make. It does make the printout of the recipe longer.
Don’t forget about my other Mickey Mouse Valentine Cookies. They are just as simple to make and honestly, delicious!
Are you in a bind for classroom snacks for your child? Ally, at You Are More has a great round-up of Valentine party treats available for all of us to go through. These Valentine Cookies will help out too :)
I hope you have a WONDERFUL Valentine’s Day. These Valentine cookies will start the Holiday off GREAT!