Adding more protein to your diet is essential for building and maintaining muscle mass. But, what if you could do it while enjoying a delicious treat? Look no further than Will Tennyson protein ice cream recipe! It is a healthy and mouthwatering alternative to traditional ice cream, allowing you to indulge your sweet tooth without sabotaging your health and fitness goals.
This recipe is perfect for anyone looking to increase their protein intake, and the best part is that you don’t even need an ice cream maker to make it.
With just a blender and a handful of simple ingredients such as casein protein powder, cocoa powder, and Jell-O powder, you can whip up a delicious and nutritious dessert that’s high in protein and low in calories. Try another perfect Ice Cream that helps to achieve your health and fitness goals, called Anabolic Ice Cream Recipe.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Ingredients For Will Tennyson Protein Ice Cream
- Unsweetened cashew milk – 300g
- Whey or casein protein powder – 40g
- Fat-free, sugar-free Jell-O powder – 8g
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 10g
- Coconut flour – 12g
- Xanthan gum – 3g
- Ice – 32oz (2 cups)
- Water, added as needed
- Unsweetened cashew milk: This dairy-free milk is a great source of healthy fats and is low in calories. It’s used as the base for the ice cream.
- Whey/casein blend protein powder: Protein powder is added to increase the protein content of the ice cream. The blend of whey and casein is ideal for a slow and sustained release of protein.
- Fat-free, sugar-free Jell-O powder: Jell-O powder is used as a flavoring agent and thickener in the ice cream. The fat-free and sugar-free versions are used to keep the recipe healthy.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: Cocoa powder is added to give the ice cream a chocolate flavor without adding unnecessary sugar.
- Coconut flour: Coconut flour is a gluten-free flour that is used as a thickener in the recipe.
- Xanthan gum: Xanthan gum is used to thicken and emulsify the ice cream, giving it a smooth and creamy texture.
- Ice: Ice is added to give the ice cream its frozen consistency.
- Water: Water is added gradually to the blender to thin out the mixture if it becomes too thick.
To make this protein ice cream recipe, you will need the following tools:
- Blender: A high-powered blender is recommended to ensure that the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Measuring cups and spoons: Accurately measuring the ingredients is important for the recipe to turn out correctly.
- Mixing bowl: A large mixing bowl can be useful for combining the dry ingredients before adding them to the blender.
- Spatula: A spatula can be used to scrape the sides of the blender and ensure that all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Ice cream scoop: An ice cream scoop can be used to serve the finished product.
Instructions For Will Tennyson Protein Ice Cream Recipe
Step 1: Adding the Liquid
To start making this healthy ice cream recipe, you will need to add 300 grams of cashew milk to a blender.
Make sure that the milk you choose is unsweetened to keep the sugar content low. Add the milk to the blender and get ready for the next steps.
Part 2: Adding the Dry Ingredients
Now, add 40g of casein protein powder, 8g of fat-free sugar-free Jell-O powder, 10g of unsweetened cocoa powder, 12g of coconut flour, and 3g of xanthan gum.
These ingredients help thicken the ice cream, add flavor, healthy fats, and give it a creamy texture.
Part 3: Adding the Ice
Once all of the dry ingredients are added to the blender, it’s time to start adding the ice. Gradually add 16 ounces of ice to the blender while blending the mixture. If the mixture is too thick, you can add a little water to thin it out.
Part 4: Serving or Freezing
After blending the mixture and achieving the desired consistency, you can serve the ice cream immediately.
Alternatively, you can freeze it for a firmer texture. If you decide to freeze the ice cream, make sure to transfer it to a container with a lid before placing it in the freezer. When you’re ready to eat it, simply let it thaw for a few minutes before scooping it into a bowl. Enjoy your healthy, protein-packed ice cream!
Note: Do not freeze for more than 3 hours or it turns into a solid brick.
Nutrition Facts About Will Tennyson Protein Ice Cream
- Calories – 275
- Fat – 7g
- Carbs – 22g
- Protein – 36g
- Use a high-powered blender to ensure that the ice cream mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add the ice to the blender to avoid overwhelming the blades and burning out the motor.
- If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can add a natural sweetener like stevia or honey.
- Freeze the mixture for 30 minutes before serving to allow it to set and reach a firmer texture.
- Experiment with different protein powder flavors to create your favorite variation of the recipe.
Things to Avoid
- Don’t add too much water at once, as this can make the ice cream too runny.
- Don’t over-blend the mixture, as this can cause it to become too watery or melt.
- Avoid using a low-quality blender or ice cubes that are too big, as this can damage the blades and prevent the mixture from becoming smooth and creamy.
FAQs about Will Tennyson Protein Ice Cream Recipe
Here are some commonly asked questions and their answers about Will Tennyson Protein Ice Cream Recipe.
How long does the protein ice cream last in the freezer?
The protein ice cream can last up to a month in the freezer if stored in an airtight container.
Can I substitute the almond or cashew milk with another type of milk?
Yes, you can substitute the almond or cashew milk with any other type of milk, such as cow’s milk, soy milk, or oat milk.
Is there a way to adjust the sweetness level of the ice cream?
Yes, you can adjust the sweetness level of the ice cream by adding more or less of the Jell-O powder, or by using a different flavor of Jell-O powder.
May I use a different flavor of Jell-O powder instead of butterscotch?
Yes, you can use a different flavor of Jell-O powder instead of butterscotch, such as vanilla or chocolate.
Can I use a different type of protein powder, such as plant-based protein?
Yes, you can use a different type of protein powder, such as whey, casein, or plant-based protein powder, but the texture and taste of the ice cream may vary.
Will Tennyson protein ice cream recipe is a fantastic way to mix up your protein routine while still getting the nutrients your body needs.
With its creamy texture and delicious flavor, this ice cream is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and your post-workout hunger. Plus, it’s easy to make and customize to your liking.
So, the next time you’re in the mood for a protein-packed treat, give this recipe a try and enjoy a guilt-free indulgence.
We appreciate you taking the time to read this article, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon for more culinary explorations. Stay Connected with celebrateandhavefun. Happy Cooking!