Greetings from the world of Chinese cuisine, Starting with Chinese Laba Garlic Recipe. We’ll be learning more about the dish “Laba Garlic” today. This savory recipe for a classic Chinese dish, which comes from the Lanzhou province of China, has been handed down through the centuries and has grown to be a national favorite.
Laba Garlic, commonly referred to as “Laba Suan” is a delectable dish cooked with fresh garlic, soy sauce, and a number of other mouthwatering ingredients. The Laba Festival, a celebrated Chinese occasion that occurs on the eighth day of the twelfth lunar month, is when people generally eat this meal.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
In this recipe post, we’ll look more closely at the background and cultural significance of Laba Garlic while also giving you a step-by-step method to prepare this delectable delicacy at home. Therefore, whether you’re an experienced cook or a kitchen newbie, be ready to go on a culinary adventure as we explore Chinese flavors and discover how to make this popular dish.
Ingredients You Will Need for Chinese Laba Garlic Recipe
- Garlic 250g
- Rice vinegar or mature vinegar 300ml ( could cover all garlic)
- Sugar 3g (optional)
Let’s Make the Best Quality Chinese Laba Garlic
Traditionally, laba garlic is made in the 8th day of the 12th month of the Chinese Lunar calendar In fact, under the right conditions, you can make it at any time around the year. Let’s make the best quality laba garlic by following these instructions step by step
Step-01: Pick some good quality large normal white/ purple garlic. Break them into small flaps and peel them carefully. Cut the garlic root for better flavor.
Step-02: Wash and drain all the garlic. Soak all water and make it dry.
Step-03: Now put the garlic in a bottle and make sure the bottle must be oil and water free.
Step-04: Now add a little bit of sugar, and then the white vinegar. Make sure you cover all the garlic and seal the bottle.
Step-05: Leave the jar for a minimum of 56 hours in a dark and warm condition. After 6-10 days or more hours the nutritious laba garlic will ready and the whole body of garlic will emerald green.
By following these simple steps you can easily make the tasty and healthy Chinese laba garlic. if you have any confusion please follow the video given below:
Some tips on this Chinese Laba Garlic Recipe
- There should be no water or oil in the jar.
- Leave the jar in a dark place for minimum 56 hours
- Add a very little amount of sugar.
- Soak the garlic in vinegar before using it in the recipe to soften its sharp taste and smell.
How to Store Chinese Laba garlic?
Store the garlic bulbs in a cool, dark, and dry place, such as a pantry, cellar, or refrigerator. Make sure to remove any dirt or debris before storing.
- Avoid storing the garlic bulbs near other foods with strong odors, as they can absorb the smells and flavors.
- Check the garlic bulbs regularly for any signs of spoilage, such as mold, soft spots, or sprouting. Remove any damaged bulbs to prevent them from spoiling the rest.
- If you want to store the garlic for a longer period, you can freeze it. Peel and chop the garlic, then put it in an airtight container or a freezer bag. Label and date the container, and store it in the freezer for up to six months.
Remember that the storage time for garlic may vary depending on the freshness, variety, and storage conditions. Always use your judgment and common sense when storing food, and discard anything that looks or smells off.
Few Potential Health Benefits of Chinese Laba Garlic
- Reduces Cholesterol: Chinese laba garlic contains a high amount of allicin, which lowers cholesterol levels in the body and lowers the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Oxidative Stress: Strong antioxidants found in Chinese laba garlic can aid to shield the body from oxidative stress and free radical damage.
- Immune System Booster: The high allicin content of Chinese laba garlic serves to strengthen the immune system, making the body more resistant to illnesses and infections.
- Supports Healthy Digestion: Research has shown that Chinese laba garlic can help with indigestion, gas, bloating, and other digestive issues.
- Improves Cardiovascular Health: Research has shown that Chinese Laba Garlic can minimize the risk of heart disease, enhance blood flow, and lower blood pressure.
It is important to note that these health benefits are based on preliminary studies and more research is needed to confirm their effectiveness. Additionally, it is always recommended to consult a healthcare professional before making significant changes to your diet or health routine. Check our another healthy recipe called Herbalife Protein Balls Recipe.
A delicious and nutritious food that is simple to prepare in the comfort of your home is Chinese Laba Garlic. It is hardly surprising that this recipe has become a well-known winter dessert in China given its lengthy history and cultural significance. This recipe will wow whether you want to try something new or just like the flavor of garlic. Why not give it a shot and incorporate some Chinese food into your kitchen?
Commonly asked questions on Chinese Laba Garlic Recipe
1. What is Laba garlic?
Laba garlic is a traditional Chinese recipe made with garlic, vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce. It is a popular appetizer in China, especially during the Laba Festival.
2. How do you make Laba garlic?
To make Laba garlic, you will need to peel and slice garlic, then combine it with vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce. Let the mixture marinate for several hours, or overnight, before serving.
3. What are the health benefits of Laba garlic recipe?
Garlic is known for its health benefits, such as boosting the immune system, lowering cholesterol, and reducing the risk of heart disease. Laba garlic also contains vinegar, which can help with digestion and weight loss.
4. How long does Laba garlic last?
Laba garlic can last for several weeks in the refrigerator, as long as it is stored in an airtight container.
5. Can Laba garlic be used in cooking?
Yes, Laba garlic can be used in cooking as a flavoring or seasoning. It is often added to stir-fry dishes or soups to add a garlicky flavor.
6. Is Laba garlic spicy?
Laba garlic is not traditionally spicy, but some recipes may add chili pepper flakes or other spicy ingredients for added flavor.
Hope you tried and enjoyed the recipe. If you have any suggestion and query, please let us know in the comment section. Also check on Social Media of celebrateandhavefun for all recipe related posts.