Wondering how to make green buttercream cake frosting? Having an easy fuss free icing recipe is a must for moms and anyone who bakes. Once you find a good recipe you’ll want to stick to it for all your favorite and baked goods.
This vanilla buttercream frosting that is colored green for some lemon cupcakes I made. It’s perfect for Christmas, St. Patrick’s Day, or any time you bake. You don’t even have to add green color, add any color to this basic recipe or leave it out.
Table of Contents
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Why You Will Love Green Buttercream Cake Frosting
- Just 6 basic pantry staple ingredients are needed
- It’s ready in less than 10 minutes
- The perfect green cake frosting
- Super easy for piping and decorating baked goods
- Festive for Christmas and St. Patrick’s Day
- It’s so addictive
- 1 Cup Butter (room temperature)
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream (chilled)
- 1 or 2 Drops Green Food Coloring
Directions for green buttercream cake frosting
- Combine room temperature butter with powdered sugar, one cup at a time, while mixing with stand mixer or electric beater sticks
- Mix in the vanilla, salt, heavy cream, and color
- If it is not thickening properly, chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes then beat again
FAQ & Commonly Asked Questions
Food coloring is pretty basic so whichever brand you choose really does not matter. The important thing to note is to not add too much at one time. Add 1 or 2 drops at a time and mix it in to see how dark it is. If it is too light add more but once you add you can’t undo it!
Other desserts you may enjoy:
- Dairy Free Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting
- No-Bake Caterpillar Twinkie Dessert Recipe
- Cake Mix Caramel Apple Pie Cookies
- Cotton Candy Buttercream Frosting
Now you know how to make the best green buttercream cake frosting recipe! Whether you’re making cupcakes, cakes, cookies, or something else this is the perfect recipe for frosting.