Bill Miller Green Bean Recipe has been a family favorite for generations. It’s a simple and savory dish that is sure to please anyone who tries it. The recipe originated from Bill Miller, a home cook from North Carolina who created the dish in the 1953s. This dish is a classic comfort food that’s easy to prepare and full of flavor.
The recipe starts with a base of green beans, cooked until they are tender-crisp, and then cooked with bacon, onions and garlic. The bacon adds a nice smoky flavor and the onions and garlic add a pleasant sweetness to the dish. The result is a savory and satisfying side dish that pairs perfectly with any entrée. To make the dish even more flavorful, Bill Miller would often add a dash of hot sauce to the mix. The combination of flavors makes this recipe a classic that has stood the test of time.
Table of Contents
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Ingredients Required for Bill Miller Green Bean Recipe
- 16 ounces of frozen green beans
- 5 slices of bacon
- 2 tomatoes
- 8-ounce can of tomato sauce
- 2 cans of water
- Optional: Jalapenos for some heat
- Seasonings: Onion powder, garlic powder, ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of tomato bouillon with chicken flavor (adjust to taste)
Tools you will need for Bill Miller Green Bean Recipe
- Serving Plate
Let’s try How to Cook Bill Miller Green Bean
Step 1. Fry the Bacon:
Start by frying the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until it’s crispy. You can adjust the amount of bacon to your liking. Remove the bacon from the pan, leaving the grease behind.
Step 2. Prepare the Tomatoes:
Dice the tomatoes while the bacon is frying. Set them aside for later.
Step 3. Add Green Beans:
Now, add the entire bag of frozen green beans to the skillet with the bacon grease. Stir them in and let them cook.
Step 4. Incorporate the Tomatoes:
Once the green beans start to cook, add the diced tomatoes to the skillet. Continue to stir and let the tomatoes begin to break down.
Step 5. Tomato Sauce and Water:
Pour in the 8-ounce can of tomato sauce, and then add a can of water to the skillet. This will create a flavorful sauce for the beans.
Step 6. Seasoning:
Season the dish with the following seasonings: onion powder, garlic powder, and ground black pepper and give them a good mix. Adjust the quantities to your taste.
Step 7. Crumble the Bacon, add water and tomato bouillon:
Crumble the crispy bacon you fried earlier and add it back to the skillet. Stir everything together. Then you need to add another a cup water and add a tablespoon of tomato bouillon with chicken flavor to enhance the flavor of the dish.
Step 8. Simmer:
Allow the mixture to simmer over low heat. Let it cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, to allow the flavors to meld together.
Step 9. Serve:
Once the green beans are cooked to your desired tenderness and the flavors have melded nicely, it’s time to serve. Enjoy this delicious Bill Miller’s copycat dish as a side to your favorite meal!
Here is the Video link:
Some Helpful Tips on Bill Miller Green Bean Recipe
The green bean recipe from Bill Miller is a well-liked recipe that is simple to prepare and delicious. The following advice will help you prepare the finest possible version of this recipe:
- Fresh green beans should always be used instead of canned or frozen ones. They taste better, have a better texture, and keep more of their nutrients.
- Green beans should be cooked until they are tender: Green beans should be boiled until they are soft but still have some snap. The beans will become mushy and unpleasant if they are overcooked.
- Use bacon fat to flavor food: The recipe asks for bacon grease, which gives the green beans a smoky flavor. You can use butter or olive oil for the bacon grease if you don’t have any, but the flavor won’t be as strong.
- The recipe calls for salt, pepper, and garlic powder, so don’t skimp on the seasoning. Be sure you season the green beans with just enough seasoning to give them a great flavor.
- Sliced onions: For an additional layer of taste, many people like to add sliced onions to their green beans. Before adding the green beans, you can sauté the onions in the bacon oil.
- The green bean recipe from Bill Miller is best served hot. If the green beans need to be heated again, do so in the microwave or on the stove over low heat.
By following these tips, you can make a delicious version of Bill Miller’s green bean recipe that your family and friends will love.
The Bill Miller Green Bean Recipe is a great way to get your family and friends together to enjoy a delicious meal. It is easy to prepare and can be served either hot or cold. With its simple yet flavorful ingredients, this recipe is sure to be a hit with all who try it. Whether you serve it as a side dish or as a main course, this recipe is sure to be a hit at any gathering. For those who want to enjoy the flavors of the Bill Miller Green Bean Recipe, it is a great way to do so.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bill Miller Green Bean Recipe
Here are some commonly asked questions and answers about bill miller green bean recipe that might help you.
Q: What are the ingredients for Bill Miller’s green bean recipe?
A: The ingredients for Bill Miller’s green bean recipe include fresh green beans, bacon, onions, garlic, salt, pepper, chicken broth, and apple cider vinegar.
Q: How long does it take to cook Bill Miller’s green bean recipe?
A: It takes approximately 30-40 minutes to cook Bill Miller’s green bean recipe.
Q: Can I substitute the bacon in the recipe for something else?
A: Yes, you can substitute the bacon in the recipe for turkey bacon, ham, or vegetarian bacon.
Q: Can I use canned green beans instead of fresh ones?
A: Yes, you can use canned green beans, but the flavor and texture may differ from using fresh ones.
Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it before serving.
Q: How many servings does this recipe make?
A: This recipe makes approximately 6-8 servings.
Q: Can I freeze this recipe?
A: Yes, you can freeze this recipe, but the texture may be slightly different once thawed and reheated.
We appreciate you taking the time to read this article, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon for more culinary explorations. Stay Connected with celebrateandhavefun. Happy Cooking!