I’m Emma Wilson from celebrateandhavefun. In today’s recipe content, I will share a mouthwatering recipe for Texas Roadhouse Steak Fries. These oven-baked fries are big, crispy on the outside, and irresistibly soft on the inside.
The best part is that Texas Roadhouse Steak Fries Recipe much healthier than deep-fried fries, making them a perfect side dish for hot dogs, burgers, grilled steaks, or simply enjoying themselves because they are super delicious and easy to make.
So let’s get started!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Why People Love This Texas Roadhouse Steak Fries Recipe?
People adore this Texas Roadhouse Steak Fries recipe for several reasons:
- They are incredibly flavorful, thanks to a blend of aromatic seasonings and parmesan cheese.
- They are baked in the oven, making them a healthier alternative to deep-fried fries.
- They have that perfect balance of crispiness on the outside and tenderness on the inside, making every bite a delightful experience.
- Large Potatoes (red, gold, or russet) – 4
- Onion powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic powder – 1 teaspoon
- Italian seasoning – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Chili powder – ½ teaspoon
- Smoked paprika – 1 teaspoon
- Plain breadcrumbs – 1 & ½ tablespoons
- Grated Parmesan cheese – 1 & ½ tablespoons
- All-purpose flour – 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Salt, to taste
- Cutting board
- Large bowl
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Cooking spray (PAM or similar)
- Kitchen towel or paper towels
Learn How To Make Texas Roadhouse Steak Fries Recipe
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Step 2: Wash the potatoes and cut them into evenly-sized wedges.
Step 3: Rinse the potatoes in water and then dry them with a kitchen towel.
Step 4: In a bowl, mix together the onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, chili powder, smoked paprika, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, flour, and salt and pepper.
Step 5: Add the olive oil to the bowl and mix everything together.
Step 6: Add the potato wedges to the bowl and toss them until they’re coated with the seasoning mixture.
Step 7: Place the potato wedges on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and sprayed with cooking spray.
Step 8: Bake the potato wedges in the preheated oven for about 40-50 minutes, or until they’re well browned and crispy. Serve the steak fries with ketchup, ranch dressing, or your favorite dipping sauce.
Here is the Homemade Texas Roadhouse Steak Fries Recipe video link:
Tips & Tricks
- Cut the potatoes into wedges of equal size to ensure even cooking.
- Soak the potatoes in water to release the starch and make them crispy.
- Dry the potatoes well before seasoning to prevent them from getting soggy.
- Use a high smoking point oil like olive oil to prevent the fries from burning.
- Leave some space between the fries on the baking sheet to ensure they get crispy.
More Serving Ideas
- Enjoy the steak fries as a side dish with burgers, hot dogs, or grilled steaks.
- They can be served as an appetizer with a range of dipping sauces like ketchup, ranch dressing, or spicy mayo.
- Pair the fries with a homemade Tex-Mex meal or as a delicious snack during movie nights or game days.
Some variations of the Texas Roadhouse steak fries
To add some tasty variations to the Texas Roadhouse steak fries recipe, you can experiment with different seasonings and toppings. Here are a few suggestions to try:
- Cajun Spice Steak Fries: Add a Cajun twist to the seasoning mix by including 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning along with the other spices. The combination of smoky, spicy flavors will elevate the taste of the fries.
- Loaded Cheese Fries: Once the steak fries are baked and crispy, sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the top and return them to the oven for a couple of minutes until the cheese melts. Then, garnish with chopped green onions and crispy bacon bits for an indulgent treat.
- Garlic Parmesan Steak Fries: Combine two minced garlic cloves with two tablespoons of melted butter in a separate bowl. For a tasty and aromatic twist, toss the steak fries roasted in the oven with this garlic butter combination and then sprinkle with 1/4 cup grated Parmesan and chopped fresh parsley.
- Lemon Herb Steak Fries: Add a bright and zesty flavor to the fries by incorporating lemon zest and chopped fresh herbs like thyme, rosemary, and parsley into the seasoning mix. This will give the fries a refreshing twist.
- Spicy Ranch Steak Fries: Combine 1/4 cup of ranch dressing with 1-2 tablespoons of hot sauce (adjust to your desired level of spiciness). After the fries are baked, drizzle this spicy ranch mixture over them and toss to coat evenly.
- BBQ Steak Fries: Mix 2 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce with the olive oil before tossing the potatoes in the seasoning mix. When the fries are done baking, put extra BBQ sauce on the side for dipping.
Some Common FAQs
Can I use vegetable oil instead of olive oil?
Certainly, if you have a preference for vegetable oil, it can be used. However, olive oil adds a wonderful flavor and has a higher smoking point, making it a great choice for these steak fries.
How can I make the fries even crispier?
To make the fries extra crispy, you can try baking them on a wire rack placed on top of the baking sheet. By allowing the heat to circulate evenly around the fries, it helps to promote crispiness on all sides.
Can I make loaded fries with this recipe?
Yes, you can top the fries with cheese, green chili mixture, and bacon for loaded fries.
These oven-baked Texas Roadhouse Steak Fries are a true crowd-pleaser. They are big, crispy, and packed with incredible flavors that will leave everyone asking for more. Plus, since they are baked, they are healthier than their fried counterparts.
So go ahead and treat yourself and your loved ones to this delicious and easy Texas Roadhouse Steak Fries Recipe. Enjoy!
We always appreciate you taking the time to read this article, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon for more culinary explorations. Stay Connected with celebrateandhavefun. Happy Cooking!