Bath bombs are all the rage. Sometimes there is just no time for a bath and showers are so much quicker. You can still enjoy the benefits of essential oil vapors through aromatherapy shower steamers. Try your hand at making these relaxing shower steamers with rose and ylang-ylang essential oils to transform your next shower experience.
Rose essential oil is said to reduce anxiety and stress. Ylang-ylang can help to reduce anxiety and boost your mood. These homemade aromatherapy shower steamers are a perfect way to relax your mind through the vapors. The shower water will relax your body. You’ll feel ready for the day after showering with these shower melts.
Table of Contents
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Rose And Ylang-Ylang Aromatherapy Shower Steamers Tutorial
1. In a small bowl, combine the baking soda and Epsom salts. Stir very well until completely combined.
2. Add rose essential oil while stirring the mixture.
3. Add ylang-ylang essential oil, while stirring the mixture.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of water and stir well. If your mixture has a pasty texture that will form into a shape, you are good to go. If not, add the other ½ tablespoon of water, then stir.
5. Peel some of the petals of your rosebuds and place a few into 9 of the mold cavities.
6. Fill 9 mold cavities with your mixture and pat down to form.
7. Let it sit for 24-48 hours.
8. Carefully remove from mold, and store in an airtight container in a dry place.
9. To use, place 1-2 steamers on the floor of your shower.
Your showers won't be the same after you try these aromatherapy shower steamers! You can always make a double batch so you can have extra on hand.
Here are the process pictures. I don’t want you to have to print them unless you want to do so:
Aromatherapy Shower Steamers Vs Bath Bombs
Shower steamers are becoming more popular in the marketplace. Shower steamers are designed to produce a burst of fragrance while bathing or showering. They are usually made with essential oils, botanical extracts, or organic ingredients mixed into a liquid that quickly evaporates to spread the scent throughout the room. This type of product also moisturizes skin all while creating an uplifting atmosphere.
Bath bombs are a type of bath item that people put into their tub or a hot bath to release a fizzy solution. The most popular type of bath bomb is the fizzy, colorful bomb that dissolves in water and leaves behind a clumpy, soft mixture. People often use these products to help with stress and depression.
Don’t forget about my uplifting orange shower steamer that I have posted. I also have a few sugar scrubs that leave your skin feeling AWESOME~ A Valentine (Violet Scent) Scrub, peach-mango sugar scrub and for the kiddos, a Disney “Soul” inspired sugar scrub. You will love all of these DIY bath products.
Please let me know if you try out this tutorial for rose ylang-ylang shower steamers or any of my DIY bath products. I would honestly love to know how you like them.