Are you looking for some inexpensive date ideas for couples
It’s almost Valentine’s day so it’s time to start thinking about dates and romance.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
The problem may be though that you and your significant other or spouse want to date more but just don’t have a lot of extra money to spend on going out.Â
You can have a date night without spending a lot with these inexpensive date ideas for couples.
I think dating is important for a relationship as much as you can, not only Valentine’s but throughout the year as well.
It is the quality time one on one with that person doing something fun or enjoyable together.
My parents went on dates a lot when I was growing up and I think it’s one of the reasons they are still married 30+ years later.
So my husband and I try to do date nights or days as well.
Here are some inexpensive date ideas I want to share.
I tried to include lots of different date ideas for all types of couples. So hopefully you will find an idea or two for an inexpensive date in the future.
Some of the best inexpensive date ideas for couples
1. movie night at home. Rent a movie or watch the one you have already. Make some popcorn and cuddle up together and watch a movie or two.
2. Have a Netflix night at home. Same as movie night except you binge-watch some Netflix together. We have this kind of date a lot. Snuggle up on the couch or in bed and watch something you both enjoy.
3.Pick up ingredients for a favorite meal from the grocery store and come home and make dinner together.
4. Work on a project together. Maybe something needs to be painted or put together. Spend time doing it together and make it fun, then grab something to eat.
5. Also for date meals try lunch versus dinner for a lower price a lot of the time.
6. going to the movies. It can be expensive but if you are able to go to a matinee that saves a lot of money. We do that a lot and then usually share a drink that can cut the price by half going in the day versus the night.
7. If you go out to eat try to choose maybe a cafe or something that is less expensive than a fancy restaurant
8. Go on a walk or a hike together if that is the type of thing you both enjoy. Find somewhere pretty walk around and do it together.
9. check your city for local concerts or events that may be inexpensive that you two could check out.
10. make it a game night. Break out a board game and play a game together. We recently got this new board game and really enjoy playing it just the two of us or as a family with our daughter. It was great to find a new game we all enjoyed.
11. Have a video Game competition. This one my husband would love for us to do. Play a Wii, X-box or PlayStation game.
12. Go on a drive together. It won’t be free since gas is still rather expensive but sometimes it’s nice to go on a drive. My husband and I always have nice talks on a car ride.
13. Have a spa day at home. Take a bath together if you have a large enough tub, give each other back massages with oil or lotion. Very romantic and relaxing date.
14. Go get a cup of coffee at a coffee shop together.
15 . Take a tour of a nearby landmark. You both could learn something about a place together.
16. Go walk around Ikea or another home furnishing store together and imagine how you would decorate a home.
17. Look through old photos or videos together. This is especially fun if you’ve been together a long time and when you have a child. You can see how much things change.
18. Take a class together, dancing, art, cooking something. Learning something together can be a lot of fun.
19. Go out for ice cream or frozen yogurt.
20. Go paint your own pottery.
21. Have a make your own pizza night. Get creative with your toppings.
22. Take a visit to the zoo.
23. Go rollerblading together.
24. Go on a picnic together.
25. Go wine tasting.
26. Get up and make breakfast and have breakfast in bed together
27. Go miniature golfing
28. make a fire and make s’mores together outside.
29. Go camping.
30. Go bowling.
31. Go to a bookstore and go find a book that you think the other would like. Then if you want to buy them and take them home. Sometimes it’s fun just top see what your partner would choose for you.
32. Go find open houses to check out. Just for fun.
33. Go see a local play together. Usually, schools or smaller companies put on plays that are relatively inexpensive.
34. Go to the beach. We live close to one and it’s fun just to walk along the beach or the pier.
35. Watch a sunrise or sunset together.
36. Go Kayaking
37. Play pool together.
38. make ice cream sundaes at home and enjoy.
39. Have a water gun or nerf gun fight.
40. Go to an arcade.
41. Take your dog on a walk together.
42. Bake cookies together
43. Make a bucket list together of things you want to do in your relationship.
44. go to a high school sports game together. (baseball, football,etc.)
45. Go play at the park.
46. Read a book out loud together each taking turns reading.
47. Take a blanket outside and go lay down and look at the stars.
48. Try out a new place to eat.
49. If you like a restaurant that is pricey just go get drinks and dessert. A lot cheaper but still can be a fun night out and another inexpensive date ideas.
50. Play 20 questions, come up with a list of 20 questions to ask each other.
51. Go indoor rock climbing.
52. Go swimming or in a hot tub.
53. Go fruit picking
54. Visit a nearby city or town and play tourists.
I hope this gives you some fun new inexpensive date ideas for couples. I tried to include outdoor ideas, indoor ideas, sporty ideas, food ideas, etc. To give everyone some new choices since we all wouldn’t enjoy the same type of date.