Chicken fajitas are a Mexican dish that is popular in Tex-Mex restaurants and home cooking. This is a spicy dish where the ingredients are cooked together in a skillet. This would be a GREAT dish to serve for a Cinco De Mayo celebration.
Cinco de Mayo is celebrated on May 5th each year. The date marks the Mexican army’s victory over the French forces at Puebla in 1862. The holiday is celebrated with parades and parties, but more importantly, with a day-long party often accompanied by Mexican dishes.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
As with all the dishes that I make, this fajita recipe is quite easy to make. Seasonings out of your cupboard are used as great tasting flavoring for the chicken and vegetables. You won’t want to make your chicken fajitas any other way after you’ve tasted these!
CHICKEN FAJITA RECIPE
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper
- 1 Poblano Pepper
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil (optional)
- Flour Tortillas
1. Preheat your skillet to medium heat and add your oil or the option you prefer for your pan.
2. Combine all your spices in a bowl and mix well.
3. Season the chicken, saving about a fourth of it for the vegetables.
4. Cook your chicken for about 5-7 minutes on each side, or until the internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
5. While your chicken cooks, cut your onion and all of your peppers into slivers.
6. Once your chicken is cooked, add in your vegetables and sprinkle them with the remaining seasoning.
7. Sauté the veggies until they caramelize (about 10 minutes), stirring or tossing occasionally.
8. While the vegetables cook, slice the chicken into thin strips.
9. As the vegetables are finishing, add your chicken into the skillet and mix thoroughly. Remove from heat.
10. Heat up some tortillas in the microwave or on the stovetop and fill them with your fajita mixture.
Here are the process photos, I hate for you to have to print those unless you want to do so:
Skillet Fajitas are GREAT topped with guacamole. Also, try topping them with pico de gallo and sour cream. Fajitas are great with a side of Mexican rice. Fajitas and Mexican rice are a perfect match. The protein of fajitas paired with the carbohydrates of Mexican rice makes for a nutritious meal. Both are delicious on their own, but together, they offer a unique flavor profile that is sure to satisfy any palate.
Although my chicken fajitas only last for one meal, you may need to store yours. These will last in the freezer for 2 months, as long as they are sealed tightly first. You can also place them in a fridge for up to four days if they’re kept in an airtight container.
Are you a sponsor and would like to work with Celebrate and Have Fun? I would love to have your spectacular products or brand featured on my blog. Either within a post or in future gift guides, you can contact us at email@example.com and we can work it out~
In short, Celebrate and Have Fun… product reviews, giveaways, and gift guides are the perfect place to get your products noticed!