Mesh wreaths are a beautiful addition to your holiday decor. This beautiful red and white DIY Christmas mesh wreath with ornaments is made using all supplies from Dollar Tree. You can make this gorgeous wreath for under $10, in about one hour!
DIY Christmas mesh wreaths is a relaxing craft project that you can complete while you are watching television in the evening, and requires little crafting skill. In fact, once you get the hang of making the bunches, there is really nothing to it!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Follow my easy step-by-step tutorial below to make this wreath for your home this holiday season.
- 14” metal wreath form
- 3 packages decorative mesh (red)
- 1 package decorative mesh (white)
- 1 package white and red sparkly tulle
- 1 roll red sequin ribbon
- 15 fuzzy sticks/chenille stems
- Hot glue
- Hot glue gun
1. Start by cutting your fuzzy sticks in half.
2. Cut all of your ribbon, mesh, and tulle into 6-inch lengths.
3. Roll each piece of mesh into a tighter tube, then roll the tulle diagonally.
4. Gather your bunches. Use 4 pieces of mesh, ribbon, and tulle; using at least 2-3 pieces of the red mesh for the bottom layer of each bunch. To make the bunches, lay each piece on top of the other, in a snowflake-like pattern.
5. Wrap a chenille stem around each bunch, twisting 3 times. You will be making 30 bunches like this.
6. Attach the bunches to the wreath frame. Do this by laying the bunch on the front of the wreath, and going to the back of the wreath, grabbing the two ends of the chenille stem, and attaching them to the two inner wires on the wreath form. To attach, twist the two ends of the chenille stem together 3 times, around the two inner wires. Each section of the wreath form will end up with 5 bunches attached.
7. Lay the wreath on a flat surface and fluff your bunches, until you have your desired look.
8. Apply hot glue to the side of each ornament and arrange around the wreath, gluing them to the bunches.
As you can see, this mesh wreath is super easy to make and very pretty. It will make a nice Holiday decoration for your home or a hostess gift!
My friend Jaclyn, from Crayons & Cravings, has the CUTEST DIY Upcycled Christmas Wreath that is made with Dollar Tree items too. I love to work with affordable items. That is the ONLY way to go these days. Fun shouldn’t be hard on your pocketbook.