Today I wanted to share this amazing recipe that was curated by Chef de Cuisine Sandknop at The Chase Park Plaza in St. Louis. The Fall Panzanella is just like fall in a bowl and perfect for the Thanksgiving season. This recipe is sure to wow your guests and your family with its amazing texture and elevated flavors. Below you will find a full recipe with instructions on how to make this amazing dish. If you get a chance to check it out with your family, please do share on social media with me. I would love to see your final product and how much your family loved it.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
- 3-4 bunches farm-fresh baby beets with their tops
- 4-5 delicata squash
- 1-2 Granny Smith apples
- 4 T butter
- Artisan croutons
- Maple vinaigrette dressing (yields 1 qt.)
- 1 T Dijon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 c. sherry vinegar
- ½ c. good-quality maple syrup
- 2.5 c. canola oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt to taste
How to Make It:
To prepare the baby beets:
- Remove the tops off the beets (beet greens), and wash and dry them. Cut into ribbons and reserve for later.
- Wash the beets under running water and place into a pot of salted water.
- Slowly bring to a simmer and allow to cook until beets are tender. Once tender, remove from water and cool.
- Once cooled, remove the skin and cut into bite-size pieces.
To prepare the delicata squash:
- Using a peeler, peel the skin off the squash, then cut open the squash long ways and scrape out the seeds.
- Laying it flat on a cutting board, slice the squash so you end up with half-moons, about ¼- to ½-inch thick.
- Heat a sauté pan on medium heat, add butter. Once the butter is melted, add squash, but do not overcrowd. (Squash should lay flat.) Flip once one side is golden brown.
To prepare the maple vinaigrette:
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a blender. Slowly drizzle in oil to emulsify.
- Combine baby beets, croutons, roasted squash and beets greens in a mixing bowl. Add maple vinaigrette and toss. Pour your salad onto your plate or bowl, and top with julienned Granny Smith apples.