What is a Frozen Mango Margarita?
Frozen mango margaritas are a refreshing cocktail that can be served in any season. It is made with tequila and triple sec. The mangoes are blended with ice to make the drink’s base. Sometimes the drink may also contain fruit juices such as orange juice or pineapple juice to add flavor.
The frozen mango margarita has a bright yellow color with an orange hue from the fruit juices that it may contain. The taste of this cocktail is tangy and sweet from the citrus fruits used in its preparation and from the sweet syrup that it contains.
How to Make a Frozen Mango Margarita
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
- 3 oz tequila
- 1.5 oz triple sec
- 16 oz bag frozen mango chunks, thawed but cold
- ½ cup ice
1. Add ingredients to a blender and blend on high until you have a smoothie-like texture.
2. Pour into two glasses.
● You may use frozen mango and add ½ cup of water instead of ice.
● You may run a lime wedge around the rim of each glass and dip it into sugar if desired.
Here are the process photos, I don’t want you to have to print them unless you want to do so:
Health Benefits of Drinking This Fruity Margarita
Frozen mango margaritas are the perfect drink for hot days. They are not only refreshing and taste great, but the mangos are also healthy! I’m not saying, go overboard by drinking a TON of these fruity margaritas. But one every now and then can’t hurt and honestly, mangos are healthy.
The health benefits of mango include:
- Mangos contain magnesium and potassium which can lower blood pressure
- Mangos contain antioxidants that fight free radicals that can damage your skin and might lead to cancer.
- A frozen mango margarita is refreshing, which is great for warmer weather.
June is Mango Month
Mangos are the most popular fruit in the world. Did you know that? No wonder they have their own month! When you visit Mango’s very own website, you’ll find over 300 types of recipes. Check them out.
Honestly, I like them frozen out of the bag. It’s my favorite way to eat them. I’m kind of plain that way.
Enjoy Your Fruity Margaritas, But Don’t Overindulge
I hope you enjoy your frozen mango margaritas. As you could see, this is one of the simplest drink recipes that I’ve posted. Trust me, it is SO yummy too.
It is important to know what your limit is when it comes to drinking alcohol. Drinking in hot weather can lead to dehydration and possibly a heat stroke.
If you are looking for other fruity margarita recipes, check these out: