Pinwheels are a great appetizer to serve for a game day party. You can count on them to be the first snack your guests flock to! You’re game day party won’t be complete without this cheesy pinwheel wrap recipe.
This recipe is a spin-off on the traditional pinwheel wrap but is often overlooked. They are delicious and easy to make. The perfect dish for any party!
I love these pinwheel wraps! They’re filled with perfectly seasoned beef & cheese. There’s really not much more you could ask for!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Cheesy Taco Pinwheels
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ¼ cup taco seasoning (or 1 packet)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large flour tortillas
1. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat, chopping it as finely as you can while it’s cooking.
2. Drain grease.
3. Add taco seasoning and just a little bit of water. Stir well.
4. Combine cooked taco meat, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese. Stir well.
5. Spoon ¼ of the mixture onto a tortilla, then spread evenly in a thin layer to the edges.
6. Roll the tortilla up, and slice it into 1-2 inch pieces.
7. Stand pinwheel up, and shape into a circle, if needed.
I made two batches of pinwheels. One batch, I made with Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Original. The second batch, I made with Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Hot & Spicy. Both of these tasted REALLY good.
You could even choose to use the mild seasoning if you wanted. You have several possibilities when it comes to pinwheel wraps.
Here are the process pictures for this great-tasting game day food. I don’t want you to have to print them unless you want to do so:
I have a couple of other game day recipes posted. So, don’t forget about the Buffalo chicken pinwheel recipe or the BLT dip. Both would be AWESOME to take to any type of party including a game day party.
The Girl Who Ate Everything has a great compilation of football food. I especially love the jalapeno popper dip idea. Check it out because she has MANY posted.
Would you drop me a comment below to let me know what snack and appetizer ideas you might be looking for?
Enjoy the cheesy taco pinwheels and have a blast at your game day party!