If you enjoy using sugar scrubs to exfoliate your skin, then you should try out these Valentine’s Day sugar scrub bars. They’ll give you that same exfoliating benefit as a sugar scrub– but in the form of a solid bar, which is less messy than traditional varieties.
Sugar scrub bars are a great way to exfoliate your skin. When mixed with water and massaged into your skin, they remove dirt and oil which can clog pores and cause acne. The Valentine sugar scrub bars also contain olive oil that moisturizes the skin. The sugar in the scrub melts when it comes in contact with your warm skin creating a light massage.
These Valentine’s sugar scrub bars are a great DIY to give yourself a spa day at home and they make great gifts too.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Want to make your own sugar scrub bars? With only 5 ingredients, they’re super easy to make! Check out this tutorial below for more info on how to do it.
Valentine Sugar Scrub Bars Tutorial
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cubes melt and pour soap base
- ½ tsp Rosy Mica powder
- 20-30 drops rose essential oil
- Silicone mold with flowers, butterflies and hearts
- Large heat safe measuring cup
- Wooden craft stick for stirring
1. Place soap base in measuring cup and heat in microwave on high for 30 seconds. Add sugar, oil, and mica powder. Stir well.
2. Reheat the mixture for 10 seconds.
3. Add essential oil. Stir well.
4. Pour into mold and let sit for about an hour, until it becomes a solid bar.
5. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
It's really as easy as it sounds!
Here are the process pictures, I don’t want you to have to print them unless you want to do so:
I hope that you will let me know how you enjoyed your Valentine sugar scrub bars. Did you pamper yourself or give them as a gift?