I can’t tell you how much I loved playing with play dough as a kid. It was always one of my favorite things to do and even now as I am “older” I still enjoy it. Today I want to share with you an easy recipe to make Kool-Aid Playdough.
I will admit that I never have really liked Kool-Aid when it comes to drinking it. I am strange. I know. But what I do love to use it for coloring and crafts.
Kool-Aid has an amazing line of vibrant colors that works perfectly for playdough.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
There are many playdough recipes out there and I think since everyone has been at home this has become a favorite past time for many parents and kids alike.
There is nothing like running your fingers through freshly made playdough and if you have never made any, it’s about time we start…..
To get started we just need a few things. These things should be very easy for you to either find them in your pantry already or pick them up in store. Heck, Amazon has it all as well.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup of water
- ¼ cup of salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 packet Kool-Aid (any flavor)
So let’s get down to it. This has to be the best recipe out there for playdough not to mention it is super easy!
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until a ball of dough begins to form.
- Scoop the dough out onto a flour surface and allow to cool slightly.
- When the dough is cool enough to touch, knead the dough several times until it’s smooth.
- Allow to cool completely before playing with the playdough.
That is literally it! Once your homemade playdough is cool it is time to start playing!
Making homemade play dough is just so easy and really can bring hours of enjoyment. So when you need just a bit of a break from the normal, I would highly suggest making this recipe for your kids.