Texas Roadhouse Boneless Buffalo Wings Recipe is a mouthwatering dish made from tender chicken breast cubes marinated to perfection, coated in a crispy batter, deep-fried, and then generously coated in buffalo sauce. These bites offer a delightful blend of juicy chicken, crunchy coating, and a spicy kick from the buffalo sauce.
What is Boneless Buffalo Wings?
Boneless Buffalo Wings are a popular appetizer or snack item typically found on the menus of many restaurants and sports bars. Despite the name, Boneless Buffalo Wings don’t contain actual wings. Instead, they are made from boneless, skinless chicken pieces that are typically cut from chicken breasts.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
How To Make Texas Roadhouse Boneless Buffalo Wings?
For those who have loved Texas Roadhouse’s Boneless Buffalo Wings and wished they were available at home, we have something special for you. We’ll show you how to make those famous Texas Roadhouse flavors in your own kitchen, step by step. Take a trip through Texas’s food, where big, tangy flavors are the star.
Ingredients That You Will Needs
For the Marinade:
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon of mushroom seasoning (or salt and pepper)
- 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup of Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
For the Batter:
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 whole beer (or club soda)
- 1 cup of yeast flour
- 1 tablespoon of mushroom seasoning
For the Coating:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
For the Buffalo Sauce:
- 2 clumps of butter
- 1 cup of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
Tools and Equipment:
- Mixing bowls
- Deep fryer or large pot for frying
- Thermometer for monitoring oil temperature
- Paper towels
- Pan for making buffalo sauce
Instructions For Texas Roadhouse Boneless Buffalo Wings Recipe
Step 1: Marinating the Chicken
- Cut the chicken breasts into large, uniform cubes.
- In a bowl, combine mushroom seasoning, cayenne pepper, Louisiana hot sauce, and baking soda.
- Add the chicken cubes to the marinade and let them marinate for at least one hour.
Step 2: Preparing the Batter
- In a separate bowl, mix together 3 cups of flour, eggs, beer (or club soda), yeast flour and mushroom seasoning until smooth.
Step 3: Coating the Chicken
- Take each marinated chicken cube and coat it in the plain flour.
- Dip the flour-coated chicken into the batter, ensuring it’s fully coated.
- Shake off any excess batter.
- Re-coat the chicken by rolling it in the coating flour. Ensure an even coating.
- Place the coated chicken on a tray.
Step 4: Frying the Boneless Buffalo Wings
- Heat your oil to 350°F (175°C) in a deep fryer or large pot.
- Carefully place the coated chicken cubes into the hot oil. Avoid overcrowding.
- Fry the chicken for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the chicken using tongs and drain them on paper towels.
Step 5: Making the Buffalo Sauce
- In a pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add 1 cup of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce and mix until well combined.
- Toss the fried chicken cubes in the buffalo sauce until they are coated evenly. Now it is ready to serve.
Here is the video link:
Tips, Tricks, and Variations
- Marinade Time: For even more flavorful chicken, marinate it for several hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Spice Level: Adjust the cayenne pepper and hot sauce quantities to suit your heat preference. Increase or decrease for milder or spicier wings.
- Double Coating: For an extra crispy coating, double-dip the chicken in the batter and coating flour before frying.
- Flavor Variations: Experiment with different hot sauces or add a touch of honey or garlic for unique flavor profiles.
- Baking Option: For a healthier option, bake the coated chicken at 375°F (190°C) on a parchment-lined baking sheet until crispy, flipping halfway through.
- Classic Dip: Serve Buffalo Chicken Wings with ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.
- Celery and Carrot Sticks: Accompany the wings with fresh celery and carrot sticks for a cool and crunchy contrast.
- Pickles: Add a tangy twist by serving dill pickle slices alongside the wings.
- Sandwiches: Turn the wings into a buffalo chicken sandwich by placing them in a soft bun with lettuce and your choice of condiments.
Storage and Reheating Process
- Refrigeration: Your leftover wings can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days in an airtight container.
- Freezing: To freeze, lay the wings out in a single layer on a baking sheet after they have cooled down. Freeze them until they are solid, then move them to a container or freezer bag that won’t let air in. You can freeze them for up to 2 to 3 months.
- Reheating: To reheat, you need to preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and bake the wings on a baking sheet for 10-15 minutes, or until they are heated through and crispy. You can also use a microwave, but the oven will give you better results in terms of crispiness.
FAQs About Texas Roadhouse Boneless Buffalo Wings Recipe
Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Absolutely, if you like dark meat, you can use chicken thighs. Just ensure they are boneless and cut into similar-sized pieces for even cooking.
Can I use a different type of hot sauce for the Buffalo sauce?
Absolutely! While Frank’s Red Hot Sauce is classic, you can use your favorite hot sauce or experiment with different brands to adjust the flavor to your liking.
What can I substitute for beer or club soda in the batter?
You can use sparkling water or seltzer as a substitute for beer or club soda in the batter. It will provide a similar light and bubbly texture.
How do I know when the chicken is done frying?
Check that the chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) with a thermometer. Additionally, the chicken should be golden brown and crispy on the outside.
Can I make these wings in an air fryer instead of deep-frying?
If you have an air fryer, you can use this recipe. Spray cooking spray on the chicken and put it in the air fryer. Heat it to 375°F (190°C). Cook in a single layer for 15 to 20 minutes, flipping it over halfway through.
How can I reduce the spiciness of the wings for a milder flavor?
To make the wings milder, reduce the amount of cayenne pepper and hot sauce in the marinade or Buffalo sauce. You can also serve them with a cooling dip like ranch or blue cheese dressing.
How can I prevent the batter from getting too thick during the frying process?
Ensure that your oil is at the right temperature (350°F/175°C) and avoid overcrowding the fryer, which can cause the coating to become thick. Fry in batches if necessary.
While there are many tasty appetizers and snacks, Texas Roadhouse Boneless Buffalo Wings are the ones that everyone loves. Friends, family, and game day feasts love them because they have the perfect mix of golden, crispy chicken and bold, tangy Buffalo sauce.
Once you have this homemade Texas Roadhouse Boneless Buffalo Wings Recipe, you can make your own Texas Roadhouse-style food and serve it at home. Feel free to serve these Boneless Buffalo Wings as an appetizer or as a hearty main dish. They will add a zesty kick to your cooking. Gather the ingredients and follow the steps. Then you can enjoy the taste of Texas Roadhouse in the comfort of your own home.
Enjoy every bite and tell your family and friends how happy you are about this recipe!
We always appreciate you taking the time to read this article, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon for more culinary explorations. Stay Connected with celebrateandhavefun. Happy Cooking!