Crumbl cookies have burst onto the scene and the bakery has thrived despite the conditions of the last few years. But how on earth do they get those big cookies to hold shape and texture? There’s a few tricks I’ve learned and they’re even vegan friendly! So ditch the eggs and dairy, and try this copycat vegan marshmallow sprinkle recipe using vegetable shortening and chilled dough.
Tips for making sure your cookies hold shape
I could not figure out how to keep mine from spreading out into each other for the longest time. Here are the things I did to make sure my vegan Crumbl cookie recipe holds shape:
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
- Use vegetable shortening instead of oil or butter.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 3 or more hours or overnight at best.
- Chill the cookie sheet too.
- Use parchment paper instead of greasing the pan
- 3.5 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Vegetable Shortening
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 6 Tbsp water
- 16 Oz white chocolate chips
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Jar Smuckers marshmallow topping
- 1/4 Cup sprinkles
- Combine flaxseed and water and whisk – set for 10 minutes
- Beat the shortening and sugar until combined
- Beat in the flaxseed eggs
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda, and vanilla extract and beat until combined and smooth
- Add the chocolate chips and fold them in
- Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours
- Chill the sheet pan too
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Line the sheet pan with parchment paper
- Use a medium ice cream scoop to scoop cookie dough balls
- Don’t do more than 7 to one sheet pan or else they will spread into each other
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
If you liked this recipe you may also enjoy:
- Vegan Rainbow Donut Holes Recipe
- Vanilla Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes With Mix
- See all our Vegan Dessert Recipes!
Now you are ready to make the best vegan marshmallow crumbl cookie copycat recipe!