When it comes to comfort food, few dishes can rival the savory allure of Yankee Tower Meatloaf. Meatloaf, the very mention of it evokes memories of home-cooked meals and warm, comforting flavors.
In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the process of crafting Yankee Tower Meatloaf Recipe. From the tantalizing aroma that fills your kitchen to the first bite of the savory, tender meat, this recipe is an ode to culinary creativity.
This Yankee Tower Meatloaf will become a family favorite in no time. Let’s embark on a journey of flavors and share the secret behind this delightful twist on a beloved classic.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Ingredients Required for Yankee Tower Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 4 oz. cubed Swiss cheese
- 4 oz. cubed yellow American cheese
- 1 medium Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 whole eggs
- 6 oz. whole milk
- 6 oz. plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. granulated beef bouillon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Equipment & Tools Required
- Mixing Bowl
- Meat Thermometer
- Knife & Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 50-60 minutes
Yields: 1 Flavorful Meatloaf
Let’s Make Yankee Tower Meatloaf Recipe
Step-01: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. While the oven is warming up, grease your baking dish to prevent sticking.
Step-02: In a large mixing bowl, add the ground beef, cubed Swiss cheese, cubed yellow American cheese, chopped Spanish onion, whole eggs, whole milk, plain breadcrumbs, granulated beef bouillon, salt, and pepper.
Step-03: Using your hands, gently combine all the ingredients. Be sure to mix until everything is well-distributed. Transfer the meat mixture to the greased baking dish.
Step-04: Shape it into a loaf, ensuring it’s evenly distributed in the dish. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 50-60 minutes. Use a meat thermometer and ensure internal temperature of 160 F.
Step-05: Once your Yankee Tower Meatloaf is cooked to perfection, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. This will make it easier to slice.
Serve your slices with your favorite gravy for an extra layer of flavor and enjoy the cheesy, hearty goodness!
Please watch the provided video for a more comprehensive understanding.
Serving Ideas for Yankee Tower Meatloaf Recipe
1. Classic Gravy and Mashed Potatoes: The timeless combination of meatloaf and mashed potatoes with a rich, savory gravy is hard to beat. Pour the gravy generously over the meatloaf and mashed potatoes.
2. Steamed Vegetables: Serve your meatloaf with a side of steamed or roasted vegetables. Green beans, carrots, or broccoli make for colorful and nutritious companions to the dish.
3. Garlic Bread or Dinner Rolls: Pair your meatloaf with some warm, crusty garlic bread or fresh dinner rolls. It’s a great way to soak up the flavorful juices and add a bit of variety to your meal.
4. Mac and Cheese: Combine the ultimate comfort foods by serving your meatloaf with macaroni and cheese. The creamy, cheesy pasta pairs wonderfully with the savory meatloaf.
5. Fresh Garden Salad: For a lighter option, prepare a fresh garden salad with a variety of crisp greens, cherry tomatoes, and a vinaigrette dressing. The salad’s freshness balances the richness of the meatloaf.
6. Sautéed Mushrooms: Sautéed mushrooms, whether in a creamy sauce or simply seasoned with herbs and butter, complement the flavors of the meatloaf beautifully. Spoon them over your slices for an extra layer of umami.
7. Cranberry Sauce: If you’re looking for a unique twist, try serving your meatloaf with a side of cranberry sauce. The sweet and tangy flavors of cranberries contrast nicely with the savory meat.
8. Roasted Potatoes: Instead of mashed potatoes, consider roasted baby potatoes seasoned with herbs and garlic. The crispy exterior and tender interior provide a delightful contrast to the meatloaf.
9. Coleslaw: Coleslaw, with its creamy, slightly tangy dressing, is a refreshing choice to accompany your meatloaf. It adds a delightful crunch to the meal.
10. Homemade Pickles: Pickles, whether sweet, dill, or bread and butter, make for a zesty and crunchy side to offset the richness of the meatloaf.
Some tips for Yankee Tower Meatloaf Recipe
1. Choose Quality Ingredients: Always start with high-quality ingredients, especially when it comes to the ground beef and cheese. Look for lean ground beef with good marbling, and opt for fresh, flavorful cheeses to enhance the dish’s taste.
2. Mix Gently: When combining the ingredients in the mixing bowl, be gentle with your mixing to avoid overworking the meat. Overmixing can result in a denser meatloaf, so combine just until everything is evenly distributed.
3. Don’t Over season: The beef bouillon and the cheeses in this recipe already add a lot of flavor, so be cautious with additional salt. Taste the mixture before baking to ensure it’s seasoned to your liking.
4. Customize Your Cheeses: While the recipe calls for Swiss and American cheeses, feel free to get creative and use your favorite cheeses or whatever you have on hand. Cheddar, mozzarella, or provolone are great alternatives.
5. Use a Meat Thermometer: To ensure your meatloaf is perfectly cooked, use a meat thermometer. This guarantees that it reaches the recommended internal temperature of 160°F (70°C), ensuring both safety and taste.
6. Rest and Slice: Allow the meatloaf to rest for a few minutes after baking. This helps the juices redistribute within the meat, keeping it moist and flavorful. When slicing, use a sharp knife to get clean, even portions.
7. Serve with Gravy: As mentioned in the recipe, serving your Yankee Tower Meatloaf with a flavorful gravy is a great way to enhance the dish. You can make homemade gravy or use your favorite store-bought version for added richness.
8. Accompaniments: Pair your meatloaf with classic sides like mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a fresh green salad for a well-rounded meal.
9. Leftovers: Meatloaf leftovers make fantastic sandwiches. Layer slices between bread or in a roll with some extra cheese for a delicious lunch option.
Our Yankee Tower Meatloaf Recipe is a delectable twist on a beloved classic. With a blend of ground beef and two types of cheese, this meatloaf offers a satisfyingly cheesy, savory experience.
The preparation is simple, and the results are nothing short of fantastic. Whether you’re serving it with creamy mashed potatoes and gravy or alongside a fresh garden salad, this meatloaf is a versatile dish that can be customized to suit your taste.
So, the next time you’re looking for a comforting, crowd-pleasing meal, give the Yankee Tower Meatloaf a try. It’s a flavorful journey into the heart of comfort food, and it’s bound to become a favorite at your table.
With its rich, cheesy goodness, it’s a recipe that truly stands tall among comfort food classics. Enjoy every cheesy, savory bite!
FAQs on Yankee Tower Meatloaf Recipe
Here are some commonly asked questions and their short answers on Yankee Tower Meatloaf Recipe
1. What is the secret to moist meatloaf?
The secret to moist meatloaf is using a combination of lean and fatty meats, like a mix of ground beef and pork, and adding ingredients like breadcrumbs, milk, or even vegetables to help retain moisture.
2. What is the best binder for meatloaf?
The best binder for meatloaf is a mixture of breadcrumbs or oats and beaten eggs. This helps hold the meatloaf together and prevents it from falling apart.
3. What is the secret history of meatloaf?
The history of meatloaf dates back centuries, but it gained popularity in the United States during the Great Depression when families needed a cost-effective and filling meal. It has since become a classic comfort food in American cuisine.
4. Why does my meatloaf fall apart when I cut it?
Meatloaf can fall apart when cut if it hasn’t been allowed to rest after baking. Letting it rest for about 10 minutes after removing it from the oven helps it hold together better when sliced.
5. Can I use any type of ground meat for meatloaf?
Yes, you can use various ground meats, including beef, pork, turkey, or a combination of them, depending on your preference. A mix of lean and fatty meats often produces the best flavor and texture.
6. How do I prevent my meatloaf from becoming too dry?
To prevent dryness, make sure not to overmix the meat, use a good balance of lean and fatty meat, and include moisture-retaining ingredients like milk, broth, or vegetables.
7. Can I make Yankee Tower Meatloaf ahead of time and freeze it?
Yes, you can make meatloaf ahead of time and freeze it. Ensure it’s fully cooled, wrap it tightly, and store it in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to three months.
8. What can I use as a glaze for Yankee Tower Meatloaf?
You can use a variety of glazes, including ketchup, barbecue sauce, or a mixture of brown sugar and mustard to add flavor and a slightly sweet or tangy finish to your meatloaf.
9. How long should I bake meatloaf, and at what temperature?
A typical meatloaf bakes at 350°F (175°C) for about 1 to 1.5 hours, depending on its size and the recipe. Ensure it reaches an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C) for safe consumption.
10. Can I make a vegetarian or vegan Yankee Tower Meatloaf?
Yes, you can make a vegetarian or vegan meatloaf using plant-based ingredients like lentils, mushrooms, oats, and various spices. There are many creative recipes available to suit different dietary preferences.
We always appreciate you taking the time to read this article, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon for more culinary explorations. Stay Connected with celebrateandhavefun. Happy Cooking!