Looking for the best ever cake mix cookies for Fall? Try this caramel apple pie recipe! It’s super easy to use with minimal ingredients from a box plus some fresh items like eggs.
These cookies turned out so soft, chewy, and perfectly festive for the end of summer and start of Autumn. They’re great for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. I might even make cake mix caramel apple pie cookies for New Year’s Eve!
Why You’ll Love It
- Quick & easy dessert for family or friends.
- Perfectly festive for Fall and Winter.
- Warm and comforting.
- Simple ingredients.
- No baking skills required!
Ingredients for cake batter cookies:
- Box White Cake Mix – any brand you like, white cake or vanilla.
- Shortening – I prefer shortening to butter or oil because it makes the cookies thicker.
- Cinnamon – adds more Fall flavor to the dessert!
- Light Brown Sugar
- Apple Pie Filling – 12-16 oz can should do the trick.
- Caramel Sauce – I like the thick kind in the jar by Hersheys.
How do you make box mix apple pie cookies?
- Beat the shortening and eggs until smooth.
- Then mix in the box cake mix and beat until smooth.
- Add the cinnamon and mix.
- Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
- Make 24 cookie dough balls
- Line cookie sheet with parchment
- Place cookie dough on cookie sheet
- Use a tbsp spoon or ? cup to press bowls into the cookie dough balls
- Chill for 30 minutes
- Cookie at 350 for 12 minutes
- Fill cookie bowls with apple pie filling
- Drizzle with caramel and a little bit of brown sugar!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Now you’re all set and ready to bake the best cake mix apple pie cookies with caramel sauce! Yum!