Have you ever wanted to make your own whipped body cream? Well believe it or not, it is easier than you think!
Just a few supplies are needed and some pumpkin pie fragrance oil to make this luxurious homemade recipe at home. I know you are going to love this DIY pumpkin pie scented whipped body cream recipe.
This easy recipe uses natural ingredients, as well as natural coloring. The pumpkin pie spice gives it that beautiful brown speckled coloring. Follow my simple step by step tutorial below to make this pumpkin pie scented whipped body cream recipe yourself.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
- ¼ cup shea butter
- ¼ cup cocoa butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 20-35 drops pumpkin pie fragrance oil (depending on how strong you want your scent)
- 2 - 4 oz jars with lids
- Chop the shea butter and cocoa butter and add to large bowl or stand mixer.
- Using the wire whip attachment, whip on high for one minute, then low for an additional 4 minutes.
- Add coconut oil and olive oil. Whip on high for one minute then low for an additional 4 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a glass bowl and refrigerate for an hour.
- Return mixture to mixer, then add pumpkin pie spice and fragrance oil.
- Whip on low until blended, then whip on high for 5 minutes. The mixture should be light and fluffy.
- Spoon into (2) 4oz jars with lids.
This DIY body cream should keep your skin feeling soft and smooth. Use generously especially on rough spots like your heels, knees and elbows.
I’m so basic. I really am entirely clueless at times when it comes to skin care. I’m trying to learn though. I looked up when I should use lotion and when I should use body cream. Maybe this blog post on Lotion vs Cream ~ What’s The Difference– will help you too.
Have fun with this DIY body cream project! You can always change up the coloring on these DIY scrub bars too if you are in a DIY mood.