Summer is an important season for self-care. You also want to make sure that your skin is as soft as can be. Skip that messy sugar scrub! Make these easy DIY star sugar scrub bars instead. These one-time use star sugar scrub bars are a great way to exfoliate your skin. They are just in an easy to hold, solid bar form.
These star sugar scrub bars are colored with blue soap colorant and contain red, white, and blue sprinkles for a festive burst of color. They are perfect for summer holidays like Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day. Follow these easy step by step directions below to make your own sugar scrub bars in no time at all.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
- Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¼ cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 – 1ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬x1ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬ cube of clear glycerin soap base
- 1-2 drops Forget Me Not soap colorant
- 1 tablespoon red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Star candy/soap mold
- Microwave safe measuring cup
- Wooden craft stick (for stirring)
- Place soap base in measuring cup and microwave on high for about 15-20 seconds.
- Add sugar, oil, and soap colorant. Stir well.
- You may need to heat for an additional 10 seconds to get everything to a thinner texture again.
- Add sprinkles, stir.
- Pour into the soap mold. Let sit for 20-30 minutes to let the bars completely solidify.
- Remove from mold and store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
As you can tell, DIY sugar scrub bars turn out LOVELY. This is a great color for July 4th, but you can always change the colors. That way you can use this recipe all year!
I hope you enjoy your Independence Day. Fireworks are already being shot in our area. Fireworks scare our dogs SO badly. We stay usually stay inside to help ease their nerves! This will be a great project for me to do while I’m babysitting them :)