Today we are going to make a DIY patriotic wreath for the 4th of July. You’ll be able to get almost every item at your local Dollar Store. This will look so cute on your door or would make a great hostess gift.
I know, I know. I’m posting this the day before the 4th of July. You know, I’m always running behind. I’m sorry, truly. It’s a dollar store craft though. Those are the crafts that I love because if I mess up on them, it doesn’t cost much to replace the items.
Trust me though, YOU won’t have to replace any of the items that you buy. I didn’t. Making this wreath was super easy and is a simple dollar store craft. Remember, I always say ~ If *I* can do it, *YOU* can do it.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
This wreath is a little different than other wreaths that I have done. I’ve never worked with a grapevine wreath. This Patriotic wreath turned out perfectly!
ON TO THIS AWESOME DOLLAR STORE CRAFT
- Grapevine Wreath 18inches (Look for a coupon at JoAnn's)
- Mini American Flags (they come in a 3 pack from Dollar Tree)
- Metallic Gold Acrylic Paint
- Wooden Stars (hobby lobby $1.29)
- 3 Bunches White Carnations (Dollar Tree)
- 2 Bunches red, white and blue daisies (Dollar Tree)
- 1 red, white and blue carnation bunch (Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue sticks
- Wire Cutters
- Paint Brush
1. Start by applying 2 coats of metallic gold paint to the wooden stars. Allow for enough time to dry in between.
2. Using the wire cutters, trim the stems of all of the flowers leaving about 3-4 inches.
3. Start by adding the red, white and blue daisies to both sides of the grapevine wreath. You could hot glue the flowers into the wreath, but I just weaved them in between the grapevines.
4. For the carnation flowers, I just popped the flower off of the stem as I wanted to hot glue these onto the wreath. When applying add some hot glue to the bottom of the flower near where the stem is and then place on the grapevine wreath
5. I started with the red and blue flowers and the added the white flowers around it.
6. Next using hot glue, add it to the ends of the stars and apply it to the grapevine wreath.
Hang up and enjoy or give as a hostess gift!
I’m not happy with the way my process pictures have been posting, so I’m trying something new. I hope you like this:
This Patriotic wreath turns out so beautifully. I just had to share it with you (even though it is July 3rd). Change up the flowers and make it perfect FOR ANY HOLIDAY. REALLY!
The dollar store is a treasure trove of arts and crafts materials, including everything from glue to sequins. You can create beautiful creations with just a few dollars and the imagination of your family. So, tell me what dollar store crafts do you like to make with your family?
Don’t forget to stop by and grab the super easy recipe for Red, White And Blue Oreo’s. If you are interested in another Dollar Store Craft, I posted a Patriotic mason jar craft last night. I also have fun beauty DIY, star sugar scrub. It leaves your skin feeling awesome.
I have found the sweetest lady who is SO creative, named Lindsey. She is the lady from Sweet Lane Events who did my 4th Of July Banner I told you about. Well, she has the NEATEST DIY bandana banner. You have to visit to see how cute it really is. It is just made from bandanas, faultless spray, liquid stitch and string! Visit her blog post explaining how to do it, please!