If there is anything that I am completely confident in making, it is Rice Krispies Treats. I don’t even have to use a recipe. July 4th is almost here and I was needing some recipes just for the holiday. I thought about Patriotic Rice Krispies Treats. How does that sound?
What Are Rice Krispies Treats?
The story goes that, in the 1930s, a Kellogg cereal employee created a recipe for a fundraiser for Camp Fire Girls. The recipe was completely different at that time though. They began with molasses and corn syrup instead of marshmallows. Can you imagine a Rice Krispy Treat without marshmallows? I can’t.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
How To Make Patriotic Stars & Stripes Treats
- 3 tbsp butter
- 10 oz package mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- ½ cup blue candy melts
- ½ cup red candy melts
- Red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Star shaped cookie cutter
- 2-3 ziplock bags
1. In a large pot, melt butter over low heat.
2. Add marshmallows, and stir often until completely melted.
3. Add Rice Krispies and stir well.
4. Grease the 9” x 13” pan, and add the mixture to the pan.
5. Grease a silicone spoon, or a Ziplock baggie, and press the mixture evenly into the pan.
6. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to help cut easier.
7. Line a large cutting board or baking sheet with parchment paper, and put Rice Krispies treats sheet on top of it.
8. Use the cookie cutter to cut out star shapes.
9. Put the red candy melts into one ziplock baggie, and the blue into another.
10. Heat in the microwave for 60 seconds, and massage the bags to help to melt all of the candy. If needed, heat for additional 30-second intervals, until fully melted.
11. Using scissors or knife, snip off the very corner of each baggie, and pipe candy in a back and forth motion across the stars.
12. Repeat step 11 with the other color of melted candy.
13. Add sprinkles.
Here are the process pictures, I don’t want you to have to print those unless you want to do so:
Best Rice Krispies Treats Recipes in the World
There are a lot of recipes for Rice Krispies Treats but these are the best (in my opinion) ~
- Homemade Rice Krispies Treats with Marshmallows Recipe
- Cinnamon Sugar Krispies Cereal Bars Recipe
- Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
The Best Way To Enjoy Your Stars & Stripes Treats
In conclusion, the best way to enjoy your Stars & Stripes Treats is to make them yourself. Not only will you know exactly what’s in them, but you can also customize them with your favorite flavors and toppings. You can even make a whole bunch of different flavors for everyone in the family to enjoy!
If you are looking for other Patriotic recipes or crafts visit my:
Are you a sponsor and would like to work with Celebrate and Have Fun? I would love to have your spectacular products or brand featured on my blog. Either within a post or in future gift guides, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can work it out~
In short, Celebrate and Have Fun… product reviews, giveaways, and gift guides are the perfect place to get your products noticed!