Valentine’s Day Chocolate Covered Strawberry Jello Shots With Rum
I love Jello shots!
They are super easy to make and taste great, plus they’re really easy to clean up.
I’ve got a recipe for chocolate-covered strawberry jello shots with rum that is perfect for Valentine’s Day (but also fits into any summer party or barbecue).
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
I suggest opting for the larger strawberries when shopping for the ingredients. They will hold more of the yummy rum jello shot.
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Jello Shots With Rum Recipe
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Jello Shots With Rum ~ YUM!
These delicious and festive Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Rum Jello Shots are perfect for parties and events. The best part: they're easy to make and you don't need any fancy equipment! Invite your family and friends over for a delicious treat that's perfect for the holidays!
- 1 lb container of fresh strawberries (the larger strawberries will work better)
- 7 oz chocolate wafers
- 3 tbsp strawberry gelatin
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup rum
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Rinse and dry the strawberries.
3. Using a paring knife, cut each strawberry right under the stem, then cut the bottom off, so that it is flat to stand.
4. Carefully hollow out the center of each strawberry.
5. Melt the chocolate according to package directions.
6. Dip the strawberries ¾ of the way into the chocolate, then place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet to set.
7. Add gelatin to a bowl.
8. Boil the water, then pour into gelatin, and stir until the gelatin is dissolved.
9. Add rum and stir.
10. Pour into a spouted measuring cup, and then pour into the hollowed-out strawberries.
11. Refrigerate, and allow jello to set before serving, about 1-2 hours.
Don't just save this recipe for a Holiday ~ These rum jello shots in strawberries are a real treat for any time!
Here are the process pictures. I don’t want you to have to print them unless you want to do so:
I hope you enjoy this unique rum jello shot recipe.
It’s one of my favorites because I absolutely LOVE chocolate-covered cherries and rum.
It’s a double win for me.
Don’t forget about I do have champagne jello shots and Halloween syringe jello shots posted for you too.
Let me know if you try out this chocolate-covered strawberry jello shot recipe and how you like it!