The Pappadeaux Creamy Vinaigrette Recipe is a delicious homemade salad dressing that replicates the flavor of the vinaigrette served at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen restaurants.
This creamy, tangy dressing can be used on various salads, from garden greens to pasta salad and more. The combination of anchovies, garlic, vinegar, and herbs gives this vinaigrette loads of flavor complexity.
Now, let’s get started and make this delicious Pappadeaux Creamy Vinaigrette! The ingredient list is short and simple. Before whisking everything together, I blend the anchovy fillets, garlic, and vinegar. In no time, you’ll have a restaurant-worthy vinaigrette to dress up any dish.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
I can’t wait for you to try this tasty recipe and fall in love with it like I have.
Why I Love This Creamy Vinaigrette?
I love this Pappadeaux Creamy Vinaigrette because it’s easy to make at home yet tastes just like the restaurant version. The anchovies provide a wonderful umami savoriness that enhances any salad or veggie it’s paired with. The acidity from the vinegar brightens the creaminess of the mayo beautifully. And the blend of herbs gives it that signature Pappadeaux taste.
This vinaigrette is so flavorful and versatile – I enjoy drizzling it over everything from salad to grilled fish or chicken. It always takes the meal to the next level.
Ingredients That You Will Needed
- 2 anchovies fillets
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 30 ounces mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Blender or food processor
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
Total Time: 10 mins | Servings: 2 cups | Calories: 115 calories per 2 tbsp serving
Let’s Make Pappadeaux Creamy Vinaigrette Step by Step
Step 1: In a blender, combine the anchovy fillets, garlic cloves, and 1/4 cup red wine vinegar. Blend until smooth.
Step 2: In a mixing bowl, first add mayonnaise, then add the blended anchovy-garlic mixture to the bowl.
Step 3: Now, add Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, black pepper, salt, oregano, and basil. Using a whisk, give all the ingredients a good mix until fully combined.
Step 4: You can serve immediately or you can refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to develop.
Some Guidelines To Follow When Making The Pappadeaux Creamy Vinaigrette Recipe
1. Use high-quality ingredients. The quality of your ingredients will make a big difference in the taste of your dressing. Start with fresh anchovy fillets and garlic, and use high-quality mayonnaise and vinegar.
2. Be careful not to over-blend the anchovy fillets and garlic. Over-blending can create a bitter taste. Blend until the anchovies and garlic are well combined but still have a bit of texture.
3. Taste the dressing as you go. You may need to adjust the amount of salt, pepper, and other seasonings to your liking.
4. Store the dressing in the refrigerator. The dressing will last for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Ingredients Substitutes and Alternatives
- If you don’t have anchovy fillets, you can use anchovy paste. Use about 1 teaspoon of anchovy paste for every 2 anchovy fillets.
- If you don’t have red wine vinegar, you can use another type of vinegar, such as white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- If you want a smoother dressing, you can strain the blended anchovy mixture before adding it to the other ingredients.
- You can adjust the consistency of the dressing by adding more or less mayonnaise.
- To make a vegan version of the dressing, use vegan mayonnaise.
Here is the Pappadeaux Creamy Vinaigrette Recipe video link:
Here are some serving suggestions for Pappadeaux Creamy Vinaigrette:
1. Salad Dressing: Use the vinaigrette to dress your favorite salads. It pairs well with a variety of salads, including Caesar salad, mixed greens, or a Mediterranean salad with feta cheese and olives.
2. Seafood Dip: Serve the vinaigrette as a dip for a seafood platter. It’s perfect for dipping shrimp, crab, or lobster.
3. Sandwich Spread: Spread the vinaigrette on sandwiches or wraps for a creamy and flavorful addition. It works well with turkey, chicken, or even as a dressing for a seafood po’boy.
4. Grilled Meats: Use the vinaigrette as a sauce for grilled meats such as chicken, steak, or pork. It adds a delightful, tangy flavor to your grilled dishes.
5. Vegetable Dip: Serve it as a dip for fresh, crisp vegetables like celery, carrots, and bell peppers. It’s a healthier option for snacking.
6. Potato Salad: Mix the vinaigrette into potato salad to give it a creamy, tangy twist. It works particularly well with red potato salads.
7. Burger Topping: Elevate your burgers by using the vinaigrette as a gourmet burger topping. It’s especially delicious on seafood burgers.
8. Pasta Salad: Toss the vinaigrette with pasta and your choice of vegetables, such as cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and olives, for a flavorful pasta salad.
9. As a Marinade: Marinate chicken, fish, or shrimp in the vinaigrette before grilling or roasting for an extra burst of flavor.
10. Wraps and Gyros: Use it as a sauce for chicken or seafood wraps and gyros. It adds a creamy and zesty element to these dishes.
11. Stuffed Avocado: Hollow out ripe avocados and fill the centers with the vinaigrette for a unique and satisfying appetizer.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some common FAQs about the Pappadeaux Creamy Vinaigrette Recipe:
Can I make this vinaigrette in advance?
Yes, you can make this vinaigrette in advance and store it in the refrigerator. Just make sure to keep it in an airtight container. It can be refrigerated for several days.
Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried oregano and basil?
Yes, you can use fresh herbs. Just keep in mind that the measurements for fresh herbs are typically different from dried. You may need more fresh herbs to achieve the same flavor.
Is this vinaigrette suitable for vegetarians?
No, this vinaigrette contains anchovies, so it’s not suitable for vegetarians. You can consider using vegetarian-friendly alternatives if needed.
Can I adjust the spiciness of the vinaigrette?
If you prefer a spicier vinaigrette, add a pinch of red pepper flakes or you can add a dash of hot sauce to the mix. Adjust the level of spiciness to your liking.
Can I make a lighter version of this vinaigrette?
Yes, you can make this lighter version by using reduced-fat mayonnaise or Greek yogurt instead of regular mayonnaise. It will reduce the calorie and fat content.
Is this vinaigrette gluten-free?
The ingredients listed are typically gluten-free, but it’s essential to check the labels of Worcestershire sauce and Dijon mustard, as some brands may contain gluten. Use gluten-free versions if necessary.
We always appreciate you taking the time to read this article, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon for more culinary explorations. Stay Connected with celebrateandhavefun. Happy Cooking!