Why not celebrate Valentine with these hot chocolate bombs? These adorable chocolates are perfect for the holiday with their bright, pretty colors. Hot cocoa bombs are popular and these chocolate bombs are CUTE and easy!
You will need a few ingredients and a special mold to make these hot cocoa bombs. Once you make one batch, you’ll want to make more! They’re perfect for any occasion or just because.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Make some of these easy-peasy Valentine Hot Chocolate Bombs and share the love with the people who matter the most. You could even make them for your close friends or neighbors as a surprise gift!
Valentine Hot Chocolate Bombs
- 4 oz white candy melts or baking chips
- 3 tbsp cocoa mix
- ¼ cup mini marshmallows
- 1-2 oz pink candy melts
- Valentine’s sprinkles
- Semi Sphere Silicone Mold
1. Set a plate in the freezer
2. Place the candy melt in a heat-safe glass or metal bowl (I use a Pyrex bowl), and fill a pot with about 1-2 inches of water. Make sure the bowl can fit over the pot, without touching the water.
3. Heat pot with bowl over it on low/medium heat. Chocolate will start to melt in about 5-10 minutes.
4. Once the chocolate starts melting, scrape the sides of the bowl, using a rubber spatula.
5. Continue scraping until all chocolate is melted.
6. Remove bowl from pot and place on hot pad or trinket.
7. Add about 1-2 tsp of melted chocolate to each half-sphere of the mold, using a spoon or brush to spread it, covering the entire half-sphere, making sure you get the sides really good.
8. Place chocolate-filled mold in the freezer for 5 minutes.
9. Remove mold from the freezer, and repeat steps 7 and 8.
10. Remove mold and the plate from the freezer, and unmold the chocolate spheres. Place them on the cold plate. This will be your work area.
11. Add 1 tbsp of hot cocoa mix to 3 of the chocolate spheres. Top with about 6-8 mini marshmallows.
12. Heat a small plate in the microwave for 2 minutes.
13. Place an empty half-sphere upside down on the plate to let the edges soften. Place it on top of one of the filled half-spheres, and smooth out the edges with your finger. You can rub a little extra melted chocolate around it if need be. Do this with the remaining spheres.
14. In a very small bowl, heat the pink candy melts for about 30 seconds and stir very well until completely melted.
15. Spoon melted candy into a piping bag or baggie, and cut the tip.
16. Pipe melted pink candy on the top of the hot cocoa bombs, and immediately add sprinkles.
17. To use, place in a mug with 6 oz of hot milk. You may add more cocoa to the mug if you desire.
Hot chocolate bombs are an excellent gift idea for friends, neighbors, teachers, and almost ANYONE!
Here are the process pictures. I don’t want you to have to print them unless you want to do so:
I hope that you will drop by and look at my Valentine Mickey Mouse Tye Dye Cookies. They would make an AWESOME Valentine treat too. I also have a GREAT jello shot for Valentine’s day. It is a Chocolate Covered Strawberry Jello Shot with rum. I promise you, this jello shot is worth making and you will enjoy it!
If you are looking for easy Valentine DIY gifts, I found plenty at Simplifying College. These hot chocolate bombs will make a great Valentine’s gift too though, so make that extra batch!
Are you a sponsor and would like to work with Celebrate and Have Fun? I would love to have your spectacular products or brand featured on my blog. Either within a post or in future gift guides, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can work it out~
In short, Celebrate and Have Fun… product reviews, giveaways, and gift guides are the perfect place to get your products noticed!