This nourishing DIY exfoliating soap is perfect for your next batch of soap. With three layers of ingredients, you’ll have a beautifully textured bar that will exfoliate and moisturize skin at the same time! Honey provides moisturizing properties while lavender has anti-inflammatory properties to soothe sensitive skin. Oats are added as an extra scrubby ingredient to polish away dead skin cells.
How many of you have searched for just the right bar of soap? Sometimes, it really is easier (and more therapeutic) to make your own. You’ll find that this DIY soap tutorial is very easy to follow. Soon, you’ll wonder why you weren’t making your own exfoliating soap at home all along.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
As I said before, this DIY soap has many advantages.
The ingredients include:
Honey, which is moisturizing. We all want soft skin, don’t we?
Lavender oil is added for anti-inflammatory benefits for sensitive skin. Meaning you won’t be itchy and red after your shower.
I added oats to exfoliate away dead cells. Exfoliation removes dead skin cells, which can clog pores and lead to acne. It also stimulates the production of healthy skin cells.
How about we get on into this AWESOME DIY exfoliating soap recipe?
- 1 lb goat’s milk melt and pour soap base
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp dried lavender petals
- 2 tbsp quick oats
- ¼ tsp lavender mica powder
- 25 drops lavender essential oil
- (3) 4 cup microwave-safe measuring cups with spout
- 4-inch silicone soap mold
- Wavy soap cutter
- Spray bottle with rubbing alcohol
1. Cut soap into 1x1 inch cubes and divide evenly between 3 measuring cups.
2. Heat one soap-filled measuring cup in the microwave for 30 seconds, remove and stir well. If not fully melted, heat for additional 30-second increments, stirring between each heat session, until fully melted.
3. Add honey to the melted soap base and stir very well.
4. Pour into the soap mold and spray the top with rubbing alcohol to help the next layer adhere together.
5. Spray or pour a small amount of rubbing alcohol into a small bowl, add mica powder and stir well.
6. Repeat step 2.
7. Once the soap base is melted, let sit for a few minutes, stirring every 20 seconds or so. When the temperature has dropped a bit, add the liquified mica powder and lavender essential oil. Stir very well.
8. Your first layer of soap should be starting to set now, so very slowly pour the lavender soap mixture on top of the first layer of soap.
9.. Sprinkle dried lavender petals onto that second layer of soap you just poured, and spray with alcohol.
10. Crush 1 tablespoon of the oats in a plastic baggie with a meat tenderizer or another method like a Ninja or food processor.
11. Repeat step 2.
12. Add crushed oats to melted soap base and stir very well.
13. Your second layer of soap should be starting to set now, so very slowly pour the oatmeal soap mixture on top of the lavender layer of soap.
14. Immediately sprinkle remaining oats down the middle of the soap, push in lightly and spray with rubbing alcohol.
15. Let the soap sit for about 4-5 hours and remove it from the mold. Cut into four 1 inch bars using the wavy soap cutter.
Now, remember! I always say if I can make it, you can make it. So...
You can make this DIY exfoliating soap. It leaves your skin feeling so good, I promise. Well, it does mine. I'm sure it will yours too.
Look for more items like this in the future some bath bombs, shower steams, scrubs. In fact, if you want to revisit my peach mango sugar scrub, it smells FANTASTIC!
So, if make this soap bar, will you PLEASE let me know how it turns out and how you like it? Maybe rate the recipe?
I hope you have a great day!
If you’re a sponsor and would like to work with Celebrate and Have Fun… to have your spectacular products and brand featured by me you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org ~
Celebrate and Have Fun… product reviews, giveaways, and gift guides are the perfect place to get your products noticed!