St Patrick’s Day Themed Cupcakes
Looking for easy shamrock themed treat ideas? These St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes are so simple and delicious! With cake mix, green frosting, and four leaf clover style sprinkles you have a dessert that’s so cute and fun for the whole family!
St. Patrick’s Day is the coolest day ever because it’s a light hearted holiday that you can utilize the color green! Plus shamrocks are cute and fun too. These are easy to make and both kids and adults LOVE them! I found these St Patrick’s day shamrock sprinkles on Amazon and they turned out so adorable and tasty.
Not only are these four leaf clover cake mix cupcake ideas so cute, but they are delicious! Holidays are so much more fun with kids so have them help you decorate the cupcakes! Depending on their age the easiest thing for them to do is dunk the flat frosted top in sprinkles.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Why You Will Love Cake Mix St Patrick’s Cupcakes
- It’s a fun shamrock themed cupcake idea that’s easy to decorate
- The ready made box of cake mix makes the process quick and simple
- They taste delicious
- It’s a fun activity to do as a family
- 1 box of your favorite cake mix
- 1-2 cups green frosting
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1+¼ cup water
- Shamrock sprinkles
How Do You Make Shamrock Themed Treat Ideas?
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the cake mix, eggs, oil, and water in a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth
- Line your cupcake pans with liners
- Spray them with cooking spray or grease
- Fill each cupcake liner ¾ the way full
- Bake for 10-15 minutes
- Allow cupcakes to chill completely in the refrigerator before frosting
- Spread a base layer of frosting on the top of each cupcake
- Dip the top in shamrock sprinkles
- Decorate with more frosting using a piping bag and tip on top of the sprinkles (if you have one)
Commonly Asked Questions
Do I Have To Use Cake Mix?
Absolutely not, you do not have to use box cake mix. If you have a favorite cupcake recipe from scratch but still want to use this decoration idea with the green frosting and shamrock sprinkles, have at it!
You may also like these dessert recipes!
- Cotton Candy Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- How To Make Green Buttercream Cake Frosting
- Dairy Free Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting
- Oreo Cupcakes
Now you are ready to make the best box cake mix St. Patrick’s day cupcakes with green frosting and shamrocks sprinkles!